Chapter 05 :It's a secret

in Khurana mansion

Around 1 am Ajay got a call from the hospital he informed Samar and Naina about this and went to the hospital. Right now Nikhil, Shreya, Ajay, Naina, and Samar are sitting in haul. It's 2 am and everyone is devastated at the loss of Kriti. All the brothers knew that today Nikhil was going to confess his feelings. Ajay then asked Shreya

Ajay: Can you tell us what happened before Kriti committed suicide? He asked politely.

Shreya nodded and started to tell everything

Shreya: I called Kriti to ask her where she is so that I can bring her to the place where Nikhil is going to propose to her. When I called her she told me to come to the terrace. When I reached there, I saw she was standing on the edge of a roof. I quickly went to her, but then she turned around and said, 'You are responsible for this', and before I could do anything, she jumped from there. Bhaya, she jumped right in front of me and I was not able to do anything. Saying this she cried.

Seeing this Naina went towards her and hugged her then Nikhil suddenly stood up and went towards Shreya.

Nikhil: how are you responsible for this?
Shreya looked at him confusedly.

Nikhil: Fucking tell me how are you responsible for this? He shouted.

Shreya: How will I know? She didn't tell me anything. She also shouted.

Nikhil: She committed suicide in front of you, because of you and you didn't do anything

Shreya: What are you saying, Nikhil? She asked in a low voice.

Nikhil: That you are responsible for her death. She committed suicide because of you. He shouted.

Ajay: What are you saying, Nikhil? I know you are in shock right now but don't forget Kriti was also her best friend.

Nikhil: if she was her best friend then why didn't she save her? She could have called me but no she didn't do that. You are the only one who is responsible for her death. One more thing forget that we were best friends. He said and went to his room.

Shreya: Bhaya, you know na I didn't kill her. She was happy in the afternoon so why did she commit suicide after that? She was like my sister then why did she say I was responsible for this? I lost both of my friends. She said slowly but enough for everyone to hear while crying.

Witnessing this tears welled up in their eyes, Ajay approached her and reassured her, "Nikhil needs time to cope with this, and we know it's not your fault." Saying this, Samar and Ajay headed to Nikhil's room. Meanwhile, Naina guided Shreya to the guest room. Naina helped Shreya settle on the bed and tenderly stroked her head. After a while, Shreya drifted into sleep.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nikhil POV:

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize when his brothers entered. Ajay and Samar both went near him and called him

Ajay: Nikhil

Nikhil ran towards him and hugged him. Then Samar also joined them. Seeing Nikhil's state both brothers were heartbroken. As they had always seen Nikhil smiling. Looking at him in this state makes them sad.

Samar: I will not say don't cry, cry how much you want to in front of us. I know you loved her but you have to be strong for her. You were her best friend and you must find out the reason behind this.

Nikhil stopped crying and turned his gaze towards him. Upon hearing this, he understood the importance of uncovering the reason behind her suicide, not just because he loved her, but because she was his best friend. Ajay also nodded in agreement with Samar's statement and said