☄. *. ⋆ 𝑖𝑖𝑖.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

it was a particularly chilly saturday as a couple dozen students crammed into the hogs head, whispering amongst themselves. lori, lexi and florence took a place at the back of the room near marietta edgecombe and cho chang. the buzz of chatter died down quickly as harry, ron and hermione stood in front of the group and the curly-haired girl cleared her throat to get everyone's attention.

an awkward silence filled the room. florence silently groaned and shot lexi a look that said i told you i didn't want to be here. lexi stood on her foot to shut her up.

"um.. hi." hermione's voice was clear but her face showed that she was nervous. everyone gawked back at her as she continued.

"so, you all know why we're here... we need a teacher. a proper teacher. one who's had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts."

"why?" blurted out a hufflepuff boy at the front of the crowd. lori longed to roll her eyes at his ignorance but held back.

"why? because 'you know who' is back you tosspot." ron frowned, earning a few murmurs.

"so he says." the hufflepuff looked directly at harry, who was twiddling with his thumbs and looking at the floor.

"so dumbledore says." ron shot back.

"so dumbledore says because he says. the point is, where's the proof?"

"..potter could tell us more about how diggory got killed." the boy beside the hufflepuff spoke up. the silence somehow seemed to grow even louder.

"what a twat." florence muttered, purposefully loud enough for everyone else to hear. harry stood up from his stool.

"i'm not going to talk about cedric. so if that's why your here you might as well clear out now." he turned his back to the crowd and whispered to hermione, moving to pull her put of the pub. "come on hermione lets go. they're just here because they think i'm some sort of freak." she grabbed his arm and gave him a pleading look.

"is it true you can produce a patronus charm?"

luna lovegood's voice cut harry off. she half-smiled at him expectedly, while everyone else sported an impressed look.

"yes. i've seen it." hermione squeezed harry's arm gently.

"blimey harry! i didn't know you could do that." dean thomas exclaimed, his eyes wide.

"a-and he killed a basilisk, with a sword in dumbledore's office." neville longbottom added. ginny weasley nodded eagerly next to him.

"in 3rd year he fought off about a hundred dementors at once." the excitement was growing as ron continued.

"and last year he really did fight 'you know who' in the flesh-" hermione was cut off as harry butted in, not enjoying the attention. 

"wait.. look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but.. the truth is most of that was just.. luck." he chewed his bottom lip as he spoke. lori could tell he wasn't really sure of himself, and she couldn't blame him.

"i didn't know what i was doing half the time and i nearly always had help."

"he's just being modest-"