☄. *. ⋆ 𝑖𝑣

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

LORI COULDN'T HELP but feel a bit awkward as she lingered outside the entrance to the gryffindor common room. it took multiple wrong turns and fits of anger from the moving staircases to get there, but once she arrived the portrait of the fat lady had not wasted a second before bombarding the girl with questions, which lori barely replied to since she was too busy staring into space. the plump woman proceeded to storm away in a strop from the lack of gossip. 

harry potter eventually appeared from behind the painting and gave lori a small smile - she had been desperate to talk to him again ever since their brief encounter in the hogs head. they made their way towards the library where no one would bother them. lori didn't know what her reaction would be this time, but at least she would be somewhat prepared.

"ron and hermione mentioned you before the meeting and i recognised your last name from somewhere. it was bothering me for days, and i finally figured it out. i was given- i found this photograph from before the first war. my mum and dad are in it, with some of their friends,"

the scrawny boy rummages around in his robe pockets, emptying them onto the table. random sweet wrappers and old scraps of paper fall out before he finds a neatly folded photograph and passes it to lori. 

"everyone's names are on the back; and there it is, see? josie hope. i'm not too sure what she looked like so-"

"she's in the middle row. beside marlene mckinnon." lori spotted her mother immediately and pointed her out to harry. they watched as josie struggled to keep a straight face for the photo, eventually bursting into a fit of laughter, setting some of the others off too. she was dazzling, smile beaming and eyes full of joy. it was the happiest lori had ever seen her.

"i didn't even know she was their friend." said lori, her gaze never leaving the paper.

"neither did i. apparently she was really close with them. no one really mentions her much though." harry added. sirius hadn't ever spoke about her, which was odd. he brought up his friends at hogwarts all the time to harry, recounting stories and adventures him and the other marauders ventured. josie was right in the middle of it all, so why was everyone trying to forget about her?

"maybe it's just - hard for them to talk about her now." lori hesitated, unsure. she was racking her brain, trying to come up with any and every excuse to explain it.

"probably. they lost a lot of people back then. i'm sure whatever happened, they wouldn't just forget about her." harry's sympathy for lori was growing with each second that passed. he gently placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, a bit weary seeing as he wasn't very good when it came to comforting people.

lori noticed and silently appreciated it. she studied her mother's features once more and made sure they were engrained in her memory before handing the photo back to him. he shook his head.

"i want you to have it. i have loads of pictures, so.."

lori's eyes softened. "oh, uh, thank you. so much. are you sure?"

"yeah, yeah. keep it." he smiled. lori resisted the urge to hug him knowing she would regret it immediately afterwards. 

"i'm gonna go find ron, he's probably lost somewhere. but if you have any other questions or anything, let me know? i'll see if i can dig anything up." harry waved goodbye and walked out, leaving lori alone with her new discovery. she moved to a comfier spot near the back of the library, away from madam pince's judgemental looks.