Chapter I: A Urgent Phone Call...Missed a lot!

I don't own any of this, most of this comes from SageNebula's archive of our own Story Some News is Better Than None! So... Don't judge me or delete my work!

Later near a Pokemon Center, people of the Kalos Region were already talking about the Hoeen Crisis near the Rustboro City coast and the Legendary Pokemon that had appeared a few weeks ago!

Woman 1: Did you hear the news about the Rustboro City Coast?

Woman 2: You mean about the Legendary Pokemon?

Mairin, Chespie, and Steven Stone were talking to Professor Sycamore on a nearby computer, as Chespie was hopping up and down to try to get on its Trainer's shoulders!

Chespie: Ches! Chespin!

Professor Sycamore: Hi, Mairin! It's been quite a long time... How could I be of assistance?

Chespie: Chespin! Chespin! Pin!

Mairin frowned, asking if the Professor and his connection with Alain!

Mairin: Professor, umm... You know a trainer named Alain, don't you?

The Professor stepped back in confusion about his former assistant as Chespie finally hopped onto Mairin's shoulder, he hadn't heard a word from Alain since he cut off contact with him shortly after his little Charmander had evolved into Charmeleon as Mairin explained that both she and Chespie had been travelling with Alain along with Steven!

Mairin: You see, Steven and I have been with Alain travelling...

Professor Sycamore was shocked and confused about what happened that Alain would at least take on one travelling companion after he lost contact with Alain for almost two years until seeing him on the news a few weeks ago!

Professor Sycamore: Alain?!

Mairin then stepped aside from the video booth, letting Steven talk to the Professor, who recognized him as the Champion of the Hoeen Region!

Steven Stone: Hi, there, Professor...

Professor Sycamore: Ah... Steven Stone... Correct?

Steven nods as he turns to both Mairin and her little Chespie, while explaining to him that he, Alain, and Mairin have all been through a lot recently

Steven Stone: Yes, that's correct! You see Alain, Mairin, and I, we've been through a lot...

Professor Sycamore: Huh?

Just then, Professor Sycamore briefly remembers the T.V. News Report about the Hoeen Crisis that happened over the Coast of Rustboro City...

It was late at night back at the Pokemon Lab back in the Kalos Region, and Professor Sycamore was watching the news along with his beloved Garchomp while everyone else, Pokemon and Assistants alike were sleeping! But he saw on the news tonight from the Hoeen Region and the Legendary Pokemon that had appeared off the Coast of Rustboro City was something that shocked the Professor deeply!

T.V. News Reporter: The Giant Pokemon that appeared on T.V. off the coast of Rustboro City has vanished, and things seem to have returned to normal... The situation was brought under control through the hard work of Steven the Champion...

During the T.V. review, Professor Sycamore was shocked to see that his youngest but former Lab Assistant Alain was on the T.V. News Report and participating in the crisis of the Hoenn region, considering neither he, Garchomp, nor the rest of the Lab Assistants and Pokemon hadn't heard a word from him in almost two Years!

Professor Sycamore: Is that... Alain?!

As the memory faded away from his mind in vivid clarity, Professor Sycamore remembered that Devon Corporation's headquarters was also in Rustboro City, which is in the Hoenn Region as well! And realizing that the CEO of Devon Corporation was Steven's father and the Champion had said that he had been through some things with Alan along with both Mairin and Chespie, then that meant just one thing...