Chapter XIV: Numb Regrets... New Journeys and New Goals!

Back inside the Building inside her room, Steven Stone was giving Astrid a hard piece of his Mind for insulting not just Mairin and Alain, but also almost attacking both his Friend and Professor Sycamore back there during his Reunions with the ones he loved!

Steven Stone: You embarrassed Mairin in front of her Classmates on purpose... She needed those classes with Professor Sycamore badly to learn more about Mega Evolution and why you had become obsessed with it before you made Mairin almost lose her Real Smile longer than before she found Chespie and even Alain! You're trying to ruin her Friendship with him along with their Journey all together! And I know why...

As the boiling water between them continued, Lysandre and Malva both watched from the Hallway, knowing that this couldn't be good!

Astrid: Because she's simply a nuisance?

Steven Stone: No! Because everyone in Kalos simply seems to like her more than you... And believe me, after what you did today, so do me, Alain, and even the Professor!

Astrid seems hurt by that, as both Lysandre and Malva entered the Room and backed the Hoeen Champion up on this!

Astrid: You don't mean that!

Steven Stone: Yes... I... Do!

Malva: Oh, don't pretend like this is all about us... 

Both: Huh?! 

Malva: I tried to warn you, Astrid... I risked everything to send you that message when we first met! You ignored it... You let Mairin suffer Depression before she met Alain so that the Kid could pick up the pieces of her Shattered Heart and Smile... She went through what she did because you failed... You're angry because she got stronger with my and the Kid's help, not yours!

Astrid: Who cares for some Girl when the next Thousand Years are at Stake?! Did you stand in the path of a Pokemon's Simple Beam or something? How do you expect to support the Director with that sort of thinking?

Lysandre: Young Astird... It pains me to have to say this, but... I am truly disappointed... It's true that I am the one who found you as I did with Alain, back when you were all alone and your Parents had no time for you while the Professor did... I saw Talent in you... You reminded me a little bit of myself, back when I was young... That's why I sent you to a Trainers' School, to give you a chance at success... But trying to hurt Alain and his dearest Mentor--Kalos Region's very own Professor! You show no love toward Kalos! Right now, I'm not sure if you are clearly worthy of Challenger for the Kalos League! We'll deal with you later...

Malva: (Sighs) You have a lot to think about...

Steven Stone: Astird... Whether the Director is telling the Truth or not, you may only have a few weeks left like this, and we both know that Lumiose City doesn't have much more than that... Maybe it's time to stop chasing after what's most beloved to you and try to understand what's important to Mairin, let her decide her own Path instead of following Aria's... Do it... For both Jan and Aila...

And with that, everyone left a disgraced Astird in Tears...

Lysandre: Terrible shame, all this... An absolute disaster... I never wish to see us almost lose Challengers for this sort of reason... While I do not have no need for weaklings, I still do what I can to keep things fair and Sportsmanlike...

Malva: You know, during one of her Matches, I heard the Champion say that Astird's Parents barely had any time for her as Professor did with Alain... Apparently, it was Lysandre who took Astird under his Wing, and so Astird is Battling for the Director's Sake...

Steven Stone: What an awful turn of events... I hope that Mairin and Alain can both survive all of this Drama before they leave for Mairin's next Pokemon Performace Showcase in Couriway Town tomorrow!