Chapter X: Mairin sees Alain.../Alain Vs Malva!

Back at the Battlefield, Alain's Victories had already bumped up to Eight and was already Battling a Mega Pinsir!

Mega Pinsir: Pinsir! Pinsir!

Alain told Mega Charizard to use Dragon Claw, which quickly brought his Victories up to Nine, just as Mairin entered where Malva was watching from!

Mega Charizard: Char! Charizard! Charizard!

Mega Pinsir: Pinsir! (Transforms back to Pinsir!)

Mairin: (Panting) (Gasps) It's Alain! And Charizard!

Chespie: Ches... 

Mega Charizard flew back down to Alain as it transformed back to its original form while Alain praised his Partner, knowing that they had one more to go!

Charizard: Char!

Alain: You were great, Charizard!

Charizard: Char...

Alain: One more to go...

Charizard: Char!

Just then, that's when Malva entered the Field! Not even she thought that Alain would defeat Nine Trainers before introducing herself...

Malva: You surprise me...

Alain: Huh?

Charizard: Char...

Mairin: Huh? 

Chespie: Pin?

Malva: I never imagined you would defeat Nine Trainers... Pleased to meet you... My name is Malva! I'll be your Final Opponent, okay?

Alain recognized her immediately, which pleased her very much!

Alain: The Elite Four, Malva...

Malva: Well, well... So you know me! I'm quite pleased...

Just then,  Steven and Lysandre both arrived to watch the battle!

Lysandre: Sorry to have kept you both waiting...

Mairin: Sir...

Steven Stone: So Alain's battling a Member of the Elite Four!

Mairin frowned, hoping that this Elite Four Battle with Malva wouldn't end like the last one Alain had with Siebold!

Mairin: Hopefully this Elite Four Battle with Malva won't end like the last one Alain had with Siebold back when we first started travelling together with him, Chespie!

Chespie nods, as the Battle starts while no one notices Astrid is watching them all from the shadows since she plans to deal with Alain whether he wins or not!

Chespie: Ches... Pin... Ches...

Astrid: Hmm...

When Malva brings up how she heard about Alain losing to Siebold, Alain argues that he won't lose this time and has a lot more at Stake!

Malva: I heard you lost to Siebold, eh?

Alain: I won't lose this time! I now have a lot more at Stake!

Steven turned to Mairin, confused by what Alain meant by that exactly!

Steven Stone: Hmm? "A lot more at Stake?" What does Alain mean by that, Mairin?

Mairin shook her head, both she and Chespie asked that question a lot before she met both him and Lysandre!

Mairin: Other than his Mega Ring being on the line like Astird's was once when she did something like this in the past, it beats me!