Chapter 99: Assembly/Basketball Club

George's POV

"Georgieeee" Clay called from his bedroom dragging out the e. We were both working on editing videos. "My mom texted me telling me she's home and dinners ready." He paused and I could hear a loud ding ring from his phone. "She says it's... fried tofu with rice, with the side of steamed pork buns and edamame. Looks like it's Chinese food tonight!" The happiness in his voice could be heard echoing throughout the bathroom with open doors that connected our rooms.

"I've never tried any of those." I laughed. Since living with Clay, I've tried many new kinds of food that I've never heard of in my life. "I'm sure it will be delicious... especially if your family's chefs are cooking it." 

"Mhm!" Clay hummed enthusiastically agreeing with what I had said from the other room and the sound of him pushing out his gaming chair could be heard from where I was and a couple seconds later Clay came walking through our bathroom into my room. 

"What video are you editing?" He asked. "Is it the one we filmed the other day?" I nodded in deep concentration. When editing this always tended to happen.  Clay unknowingly slipped off the headphones that were connected to my PC providing me with sound off of my head and on my desk. 

"Hey!" I complained spinning around in my creeper gaming chair with a smile on my face from Clays silly actions. 

"Georgie did you hear me. Dinners ready come on." He persuaded grabbing my hand and tugging on it as a sign to get up but in response I only groaned.

"But I'm so close to finishing?" I whined rolling my eyes but getting up from my chair anyways letting go of Clays hand and a smile could be seen on Clays face because of my actions.

"Georgie you can finish editing after dinner."

*   *   *

"An assembly?" Clay scoffed after the overhead announcements had announced that ever grade was to go to the gym after lunch. "I haven't had one of those since like eighth grade weird they call one now." 

I nodded agreeing with his words. It was quite weird they were calling one now it was very uncalled for and out of the ordinary. There were no head ups or warnings that this assembly would be taking place today. What could be the reason? 

After lunch as instructed all the grades freshman through senior marched their ways to the gym and sat themselves on the bleachers. Clay, Nick, Karl, Zak Darryl and I to no surprise sat next to each other on the top bleachers. 

"What do you guys think this is about?" Darryl asked, we all shrugged besides Nick he responded verbally. 

 "Who knows. I'm placing my bets that someone fucked in the locker rooms again-" 

"Language!" Darryl demanded cutting Nick off earning a fond smile from Zak. 

Darryls remark was soon followed by a harsh elbow in the gut by his boyfriend. "Nick!" Karl laughed through gritted teeth. "Not appropriate!" 

"What?" Clay asked confused. "Since when did we have an assembly because some kids fucked in the locker rooms?!" 

Nick chuckled. "Oh, it wasn't any time soon It was a couple years back in sophomore year. You were gone that day because you had a doctor's appointment or something I don't remember. I just remember that you missed out on the funniest and most uncomfortable fucking conversation of your life." Nick paused. " I thought I told you about that?"