Chapter 22

Renee's POV

I felt it. Everywhere I have gone to, I felt a pair of eyes following my moves. I stopped walking as I felt them again and quickly turned around to see who it was. But no one was there. My heart beat increased and my hands started to sweat.

What if someone's following me? I thought. I continued walking home, still paranoid in the thought that I'm being followed.

A hand gripped my shoulder and I stood frozen eyes wide. I shrieked and jabbed my elbow into the strangers stomach. I ran and ran. But someone yelled my name being the curious person I am, I halted and turned around to see Ryder groaning in pain on the ground, my heart beat still beating loudly.

"Ryder?!" I yelled curiously. I walked to him and helped him up. I then glared at him.

"Don't ever do that again! I thought you were a rapist or something." I yelled and suddenly looked guilty as I watched him rubbed his stomach soothingly.

"Damn woman, you hit so hard." He laughed but it was strained.

"It's called self defense. But sorry, I thought you were a stranger and jabbing my elbow to your stomach was the only option I had." I told him and crossed my arms.

"So what brings you here? Suddenly scaring the crap out of me." I asked him. He looked at me a weird glint in his eyes but it vanished.

"Nothing, I was just strolling around the neighborhood looking for my cat." He frowned and sighed. Cat? He has a cat? Wow didn't expect that.

Something in my mind was telling me to get out of here and go home but I was curious. Me and Matt has heard a cat when we were headed somewhere a day ago.

"What kind of cat was it?" I asked my eyes trained on him.

"It's a Bengal cat. You know the ones that look like a wild cat." He scratched behind his head. Oooh I love those kind of cats.

"I'll help you look for it!" I excitedly asked. He chuckled.

"Thanks, I appreciate it so much." He said.

"Let's go to my house first. I have to let my parents know that I'm helping you look for your cat." I smirked when he looked embarrassed.

-------

"By the way, I haven't asked you but what's your cats name?" I asked Ryder.

"Sky." He responded quickly. I looked at him weirdly.

"Okay." I walked around the bush and decided to stick my head in.

"Skyyyyyyyyy!" I yelled through the bush. I heard Ryder chuckling. I took my head out of the bush and looked at him with a raised brow.

"What are you laughing about?"

"It's just that you suddenly sticked your head in the bush and you looked silly." He laughed again.

Out of my corner of my eyes, I saw a shadow passed through.

"Ryder did you see that?" I asked him and quickly stood by his side.

"See what?" He asked with a knowing voice. I pointed towards where the shadow had gone to.

"S-someone just passed us a minute ago. It was a shadow." I looked at him but he was gone. Where the hell did he gone to. Crap, now I'm all alone in the woods.

"Ryder!" I yelled as I ran trying to look for him. I stopped and took w rest but all that peaceful resting was gone to was when I saw a shadow looming over me. I quickly stood up and ran and ran again. I didn't look back. I heard footstep chasing me. Tears started to work in my eyes. Shit, I'm going to die.

Faster

Faster

Come on Renee.

Left

Right

Left

Right

I continued running. As my breaths started getting heavier and heavier, I couldn't breath. The pressure in my chest hurts and I started to have side pains. Come on, I'm almost there. A big rock and a tree next to it suddenly came to a view. I hid behind the rock and once again I heard the footstep stop.

My heart increased a lot faster. My head hurts so bad, I didn't know what was happening. I quietly sucked in a sob that was threatening of coming out. I breathed quietly.

I feel so woozy. The footsteps kept coming closer, and tears once again came out. Oh god, I'm going to die for real this time and it's all Ryder's fault. He left me. Please. Please. Please. I chanted in my head.

An unknown face suddenly appeared right in front of my face. I screamed but he pressed a fabric on my nose. Suddenly, I was feeling tired. I tried to keep my eyes open. As I took my final blink, I saw Ryder staring back at me with regret and something else plastered on his face.

Ryder.

---------------------

A/N: hey guys, I'm back! I'm sorry if I took very long publishing chapter 22. But it's finally here (:
School is almost here and I'm not ready 😖 I've been pretty busy lately but I'll try and publish chapters as soon as I can.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and if yall did, don't forget to vote and comment.

Anyways, see you all soon.😊

Much loves,
Angelica💖