I'm Always Here

AU notes: This is my version of the RoxChie ending from SH finale. Sakit kasi eh, sana magustuhan niyo. 🥹

---------

Archie stared blankly at his luggage, reflecting on his recent conversation with Roxy.

"Buntis ako, wag ka magpanic Archie wala kang obligasyon sakin o sa bata."

"The hell," he muttered to himself. "What does she think I'm supposed to do?"

Archie firmly closed his eyes, his chest tightening at the idea of leaving Roxy. He stood up, swiftly grabbing his phone and opening his messenger.

"Yo Gino!" Archie greeted when Gino answered.

"Hey," Gino replied. "Congrats, dude, on graduating."

"Thanks, Dude. How's London? Si Tita?" Archie asked, while consciously playing with his knuckles.

"We are fine naman, diba ngayong gabi yung flight niyo?"

"Yeah-yeah."

"Sorry if I can't properly say goodbye, you know with all the shit that happe-"

"Roxy is pregnant and ako yung ama." Archie said interrupting Gino.

"Wha-what?!" Gino exclaimed over the phone.

"She told me kaninang graduation, but she wants nothing from me. And I don't know what to do, kasi si Z and si Mom tapos wala na si Dad -"

"Hold up - hold up!" Gino interjected, trying to calm Archie down. "Chill, Archie, let's talk about it, okay? Kalma."

Archie nodded and took a deep breath; Gino could clearly hear Archie's heavy breathing over the phone.

"So, this all happened sa Abyss bar like what you told me before right?"

"Oo nga -" Archie paused, trying not to overreact. "I really don't know what to do, Gino."

"So remove muna Tita Sasha and Z from your reservations, if ikaw lang anong gagawin mo?" Gino asked.

Archie's expression softened as he recalled Roxy's face bidding him goodbye.

"I'll stay, papanagutan ko siya." He answered.

Gino smiled over the phone, feeling proud of Archie. At the same time, it affected him personally, realizing he would be in a similar situation if Luna were still alive.

"You got this, bro. I know Z will understand since you've sacrificed a lot for your family," Gino assured him.

"Thank you, dude. I'll see you soon," Archie responded.

---------------

Z and Sasha are in the living room, luggage prepared, waiting for Archie.

"What's taking him so long?" Sasha said while checking her phone. Suddenly, Archie came downstairs without any luggage.

"Archie, where have you been? Alam mo may flight pa tayo? Where are your bags?" Sasha asked.

"Mom - Z, I'm sorry, I can't go," Archie said while avoiding their stares.

"Kuya, what's happening?" Z asked, concerned.

Archie took a deep breath, still looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact with his sister and his mom.

"Remember Roxy? She - she's pregnant and it's mine."

Sasha and Z's jaws dropped, both of them went silent for a few seconds, contemplating the information they just received.