Scrambled Eggs

Then: May 21st, 2007

Y/N and Marcus stand on the sandy shore, gazing out at the rundown beach house as a realtor explains the property's details

Realtor: As you can see, the location of this beach house is unparalleled. Right on the water, with stunning ocean views. Despite its current condition, with some renovations, it could become a prime vacation rental or even your own private getaway.

Y/N and Marcus exchange skeptical glances, taking note of the building's dilapidated state and its vulnerability to hurricane damage.

Marcus: But isn't this area prone to hurricanes? It doesn't seem like the safest investment.

Realtor: Yes, hurricane season can be a concern. However, the potential value of this property is undeniable. With the right vision and investment, it could fetch a significant return in the future.

Y/N and Marcus exchange a knowing look, silently contemplating the risks and rewards of their investment in the beach house.

Y/N looked at Marcus in concern.

Y/N: I'm not sure if this is the best spot for our studio, Marcus. It's a bit run-down, and the hurricane risk is concerning.

Marcus: I get your concerns, Y/N. But it's close to home, and the area is is crime free. Plus, it's within our budget, and honestly, it's better than the other options we've seen. And if we can make enough money from our projects, we could always move to a different building in the future.

Y/N thought about it and reluctantly agreed. He trusted Marcus. And with that, they bought the building.

Marcus Catsenburg was an older, seasoned creative, African American man with a wealth of experience in the industry. As a longtime friend of Y/N's step mother, he has known Y/N since childhood and recognized his innate creativity from a young age. Marcus is the visionary behind the idea of starting a studio.

With a keen eye for talent, Marcus hired Y/N not only for their artistic skills but also for their unique perspective and innovative ideas. He values Y/N's creativity and trusts them to contribute significantly to the studio's success. Marcus is a mentor figure to Y/N, providing guidance and support as they navigate the challenges of the creative industry together.

Marcus would handle the business, budgeting, sourcing materials, and negotiating contracts with contractors and suppliers, and clients.

Marcus would also develop a marketing strategy to attract clients to their studio, leveraging social media, networking events, and strategic partnerships to promote their services and generate income. He would oversee the planning and execution of their film projects, ensuring that deadlines are met, resources are utilized efficiently, and the quality of work meets their standards.

Y/N would be writing scripts, storyboarding scenes, artwork, and scouting locations for their movie and short film projects.

Y/N had ideas for a few movies.