𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

The restaurant they go to is the same one as always

The restaurant they go to is the same one as always. A few streets down in the city, the walk is strangely quiet.

Satoru always blabs about things but today, it seemed he was in deep thoughts too.

Suguru has a strange fear that Satoru will ask him about his weight loss again, and he has no answer or escape this time.

But much to his surprise, he doesn't speak at all. Not even when they reach the restaurant. Satoru just opens the door and waits, giving him a grin.

He smiled back, taking a seat beside Shoko who waved. Satoru looked around, " What about—"

Shoko cuts him off, " On their way. "

" Okay. "

A few minutes go by, the silence is weird but comforting. They've never been quiet, not the three of them, at least.

It was always him and Satoru bantering and Shoko giving inputs, half of her attention on her phone.

But it seemed there was nothing to talk about. No, actually, Suguru felt as though there was a whole lot and he didn't know where to start.

Soon enough, Y/n arrives with two kids trailing after her and he momentarily forgets about everything. He is finally introduced to the kids both Satoru and Y/n are looking after.

"...and then, he went poof! I told Megumi to not get into fights, but he still does it! " Tsumiki complains and Megumi rolls his eyes, much to his surprise.

The dinner is eventful, and entertaining. It's funny to see Satoru trying to get along with the two (they are a little wary of him, he figured).

Satoru doesn't like kids much, Suguru knew that. So he concluded it was because of Y/n that Satoru was trying so hard.

Perhaps, it's the childishness in him that he hates seeing similar behaviors to himself.

" Well, I gotta go. " Shoko says after their second round of dessert (Satoru's request), " It seems I'll be having another mission tomorrow. "

" Have a good night! "

" Be safe! "

" Thank you for inviting us! "

They pay and leave the restaurant soon enough, reaching a deserted street. Satoru beams, looking absolutely high on the mochi he had scarfed down earlier, " Suguru, wait for me! I'll drop them off. "

He nods slowly but Y/n shakes her head. " It'll be fine. I'll take them back safely. "

Satoru purses his lips, " Are you sure? "

" Hey, you're not the only one who can warp, idiot. " she smiled, " I'll see you both sometime else. "

" Alright, be safe. "