Chapter - 16

Aiden

When we are existing the elevator, I see Alex coming in our direction. No, not in our direction, he is coming in Miss Williams's direction.

He looks back and forth between me and Rhea. "Going somewhere, Rhea?"

She looks at me and then at him. "Yes. Do you need any help or something, Alex?"

He smiles. "No nothing for now, Rhea Maybe I need your help with something afterwards." He winks at her. "By the way, where are you going if you don't mind me asking?"

How dare he is to flirt with my employee as if I'm not there?

Before Rhea can speak, I tilt my head at Alex. "We are going to Peter's Exotic Cafe." I glance at my wrist watch and narrow my eyes at him. "Don't you have something important to do right now other than prancing around the lobby, Alex? Go, get the files ready because Mrs. Brown and Mr. Ryder will be coming anytime to pay their advance payment."

"Will do it soon, sir." With this, he sprints out of my sight and gets into action.

I glance back at Rhea. She is looking at me with wide eyes. Ignoring the bewildered look, I nudge her. "Let's go."

We get into my car and I peel the car out of the driveway towards our destination. Peter's Exotic Cafe is just 15 minutes away from our office. Just as Rhea takes the passenger seat, her perfume engulfs the whole car. Suddenly, the leather and spice scent of the car gets mingled with her's perfume, creating a different sensation.

While I am driving, I stare at Rhea to see that she is staring out of the window with her eyes closed as if she is relishing in the fall's breeze blowing on her face.

It's surreal to watch her so relaxed and free in her own element. It's totally me when I indulge myself in painting.

Calm and relaxed

"Why did you tell Alex off this way?"

Rhea's question catches me off guard. Getting my focus on the road, I clear my throat. "It's needed to put him in his position. Recently, his performance level is inconsistent and it's time for him to take his job responsibility."

Rhea nods and faces me directly. "I understand but still it feels weird to get reprimanded like this infront of your colleagues."

I run my tongue over my lower lip and think about how I'm going to say to her that he was blatantly flirting with her and completely ignored the fact that I was standing right there.

When I park the car some blocks away from the cafe, I shift and give my attention to her. "You don't know what kind of a person he is. I can't fire him without any valid reason as he is in my dad's good books. It's better if you keep a distance from him."

She nods at my words. "I get it."

With this, we get off the car and enter the cafe. It's a charming little cafe that exudes a cozy feeling, making it a perfect place to have a cup of coffee in fall. The walls of the place are trimmed in mahogany and the fall's pleasant air brush over the shoulders of the people through the front windows. We choose a table on the left side beside a window.

The waiter arrives at our table with two glasses of water to take our orders. Before I can say anything, Rhea beats me. "One White coffee mocha and one Black Espresso with no sugar and two stawberry lemon meringue tarts."

Huh

How does she know that I'm going to order a stawberry lemon meringue tart for me?

The waiter scribbles down our orders on his notepad.