five

THIS BOOK MAY CONTAIN STRONG LANGUAGE!!!

'crazy about him'

"lando you better be ready to go."  fern shouted from her bedroom as she finished doing her hair, and she was almost certain that he was sat on the spare bed scrolling through his social media.

"fern, i've been ready for the past fifteen minutes waiting for you."  charles's voice was getting closer to fern, basically telling her that charles was walking towards her bedroom.

"oh yeah, i forgot about that."  fern giggled, adjusting her necklace so that it sat perfectly on her tanned chest, the piece of jewellery being a gift from charles last year, and she hadn't taken it off since she put it on that day.

"you still wear your necklace?"  charles asked shocked, not expecting her to still be wearing it after all this time.

"of course i do, i love it. you know i know i love it." fern instantly placed her hand over the necklace, twiddling it slightly with a smile forming on her face. "so are you ready to meet my family?"

"when you say it like that, it makes me feel
nervous." charles admitted, the formula one driver was never this nervous before getting into his car
on a race weekend but not going to meet fern's family? he was shitting himself to be completely honest.

"i promise they'll love you, you have nothing to worry about."  charles sent him a reassuring smile. "and i hope you know that we will be doing lots of walking, there's so many places i want to show you."

after making sure her suitcase was properly fastened shut, she dragged it off her bed and placed it on the floor with a huff, followed by a smile. the pure excitement that fern displayed making charles smile lovingly at her as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her body to his so he could kiss the top of her head.

"do you want me to get your suitcase?"  he offered, just liked every time they got onto or off of the plane, both of them knowing she was too small to reach the top storage area.

"it's alright, my love, i've got it."  the nickname she loved to use for him making his cheeks starts to blush and the butterflies in his stomach to increase,
even if he was somewhat used to her calling him that near enough everyday. thinking she'd be perfectly alright to carry her suitcase down the stairs, fern lifted it like it was as light as a feather but once she did, she knew she wouldn't be able to do it. "on second thought, can you get it please?"

"can i ask what you've got in there? we're only going away for a few days."  charles chuckled, feeling how heavy it was when he picked it up,
and although he knew that she had to kneel
on the suitcase to make sure it was shut properly, he wouldn't have expected it to be that heavy.

"well yeah, i know that." the blonde woman playfully rolled her eyes, earning a light chucked off of charles. "but i have pyjamas, outfits for the day, kind of fancy outfits in case we go out for food, toiletries, makeup bag, toiletries and my beloved slippers."

"you and your god damn slippers.it almost as bad as your sunglasses obsession." fern followed charles down the stairs, his arm muscles onto show and fern has the perfect view of them, her kind running wild with thoughts.