six

THIS BOOK MAY CONTAIN STRONG LANGUAGE!!

'crazy about him'

even though manchester was the place where fern was born and grew up in, and was where her family lived, she wouldn't class it as her true home.
her home was working with her 'family' at ferrari. her home was where she spent the majority of her nights; either alone or accompanied by luisa or charles, where she felt most at home.

because of all her close friendships and relationships she'd made with her colleagues at work, she had never once had a regret about leaving home at such a young age. fern leaving her hometown at the young age of nineteen was one of the most difficult decisions she made in her youth, but the decision was ultimately her best, purely because of the job offer she'd received and it was also and escape from the busy atmosphere of manchester. but due to the demanding job, that required her to travel to a new country nearly every week,it meant she never had enough time to spend with her beloved family.

both her parents had voiced their worries and concerns, as had emily and imogen partially, about fern moving to the south of the country at the young age she was but they all knew that this was the best option for her career and future; till to this day they were the most supportive people she could and for and she could not wait to see them to give them the biggest hug after there time apart.

and it was about five minutes until she got to do that. five minutes until she got to see the people she'd missed more than anything, five more minutes until she saw there faces in person rather than on a screen after so many month. and five more minutes until her favourite person met her family, something she was un-patiently waiting
for.

"from what we've driven through, what do you think of manchester?" fern turned her head to face charles, his slightly tired eyes making her place her hand on his thigh. "we're nearly there. and i promise i'll drive on the way back."

"i'm alright, maybe a little jet lagged but i'll be fine." charles tried to convince her that he wasn't tired but his body proved him wrong, as he let out a yawn.

"im still driving on the way back and i want no objections from you." fern rubbed his thigh with her thumb, the smile on her face soft and kind,and a part of her feeling guilty for doing the journey the day after they got back from hungary. "so what do you think?"

"it's nice, i don't understand why you moved?"

"there's a few reasons, one of which being my job, but after nineteen years, thing started to get repetitive and i wanted a fresh beginning and see the world, so i moved." fern shrugged, feeling charles hand on top of here as they intertwined fingers together. "i appreciate it more when i'm not here all the time because i know my family are here."

"do you regret moving to london?"

"i used to, when i first moved there it was a difficult time, but now absolutely not, it's the best thing i've done."

"only because you met me."

"you keep believing that babes, turn right up here and we'll be there."

"i'm absolutely shitting myself fern, what if they don't like me?"

"trust me, there going to love you as much as i do, i promise you." fern reassured him, the car coming to a stop outside her family home, she could see through the blind that her dad was watching an episode of friday nigh dinner, here mum most likely in the kitchen making a cup of tea. "i've never told them anything bad about you, so i'd think your automatically in there good books."