Chapter I: Fresh Start

Sensitivity Warning: If you are not used to a bloody, gory, or rude language, continue with caution. This story deals with sensitive topics and emotional health, which may be too much for a percentage of people. Continue you may, but you have been warned (in a kind manner).

Day 1
The sand hits my shoes as the sun rests upon my skin. A dock lies ahead of us, and I turn to my partner in crime, Claire as they hold their squiffer tightly. "Tough week, huh?" They ask, and I roll my eyes. They wear a pair of Invisifloats, Takoroka's nylon vintage and Cyan dadfoot sandals."Did you really have to rob that guy's car back there?" I ask, and they giggle. "Relax, Paige. We'll be fine! I helped us survive for this long, right?" They ask, and I sigh before nodding. I wear a Patched hat, Takoroka Windcrusher and a pair of Arrow pull-ons. "Come on, we can search this place and then set up camp!" They ask, and I nod. As we go through the building, I frown, looking at the lighting. "What's up?" Claire asks me, and I groan. "Why do they want us..? The Scorpions, I mean," I ask, and Claire pauses for a moment. As we search the place, I come across a closet that moves by itself, making me flinch. "Oh carp.." I say, and Claire faces me, taking out their pistol. "Really?? That would be so loud!" I say, and they place their hand on the knob. "You can never be too safe, understand?" They say nervously, and I gulp. "Still got that splattershot of yours?" They ask, and I nod, but I don't take it out. "Never leave anywhere without it!" I say, and Claire smiles before turning back. They quickly slam the closet open, and jump as a broom falls down, making me jump as well. "Oh man!.. That.. That actually got me," they say, and I laugh. Amongst the brooms, Claire winces their eyes. "Hey, wait a second.." they say, shoving their arm into the pile. After a few moments, they quickly take it out, holding a saber-like blade. "What the.." they say, and I tilt my head. "What's this?" Claire asks, and I blink. As they hand it to me, the ink of the blade transfers to mines, making me widen my eyes. "Cool but... what exactly is it?" I ask, and Claire shrugs. "Keep it, you never know when we'll need it!" They say, and I smile before putting it alongside my backpack. As Nylon tries to fix their walkie-talkie, I check mines out as I lean against a big table. "Ugh, I'm not sure if this is even fixable!" They yell, waving their screwdriver. "Let me see.." I ask, and they pass it to me. "Whatever, it's not like.." they say, and I fix the walkie-talkie within a few seconds, making them embarrassed. I smirk, "you were saying?" I follow up with afterwards. "Y- You should've done that months ago!" They say anxiously, and I roll my eyes smiling. "Well.. now what?" I ask, but feel my arm slip a bit against the table. "Hm.." I say, tapping against it. "Plastic.." Claire says, widening their eyes. We both uncover it, widening our eyes at the hidden stuff under. "Okay, wait! We need to think of our fake names.." Claire says, and I blink. "Fake names? For what?? You know what happened to the last people who did that!" I say, and Claire sighs. "Please? I'll be nice! You can be... Windy?" Claire says, and I blink. "Really? And what about you? Destroyer of universes or something?" I ask, and they giggle. "No, silly! Nylon would be more badass.." they say, and I roll my eyes. "Haha you wish.." I say, and they smirk. Nylon it is!

"Woah... mechanical plans?" Nylon asks, and I look at a blueprint. "Splatana Wiper.. that's my weapon," I say, and Nylon blinks. "Do you think these are terrorists? I mean, look at this! Control panels?" Nylon says, and I shrug. "You're telling me. Look at this!" I say, pointing at a prototype sniper. Human-age rifle. "That's enough to kill you, not just splat you," Nylon says, and I shiver. "Whatever this is, it's obviously bad people here.." I say, and they nod. "Whoever is here, we need to figure it out.." I say, and Nylon clears their throat. "And then what? We're wanted, Windy. We turn them in, we turn in ourselves in the process," they say, and I sigh. It's a good point, but how can we.. "Anonymous call? Could work.." I say, and they smile. "Good call! Problem is, how can we find a figure out where this "phone booth" is.." Nylon questions, and I look up. A pile of stairs, along with space stickers. I grin. "Is this an observatory?" I ask, and Nylon smiles. "Maybe... race you up!" They say, and I giggle. "You're on!" I say, and rush up there. We both giggle as they reach it first, making me pant. "Hah! Guess the oldest is still the best, huh?" They say, and I scoff. "Considering how you almost got us killed a week ago.. I'm not surprised you're smug about being alive!" I say, and they fix their tentacles "Oh, shut up!" They say nudging me, making me giggle. "Look!.." they say, seeing the sun go down. I open my mouth in admiration, watching it slowly pan downwards. "Woah..." I say, and they smile. "Remember that one time we snuck into that Splatfest crowd?" They ask, and I "pffft" them. "Yeah, and then almost got us killed?" I say, and they shush me. "Guess we were always meant to be outlaws.." they say, and I half smile. "Come on, let's check this out," they say, walking over to a vending machine. I walk towards a weird telescope, raising my eyebrow. "Huh.." I blink, and look through it. Nothing, and I sigh. "Aww.." I frown, and Nylon turns to me. "That's a tower viewer, it let's you see from afar," they say, and I scoff. "I know what it is!" I say, and they roll their eyes. They continue slamming the vending machine with their pistol, attempting to get at least a quarter. Walking around a bit more, I come across a telephone box, widening my eyes. This is what Nylon was looking for! "And.." they say, slamming it hard this time. A quarter comes out flying, and Claire- I mean- Nylon, quickly picks it up, smiling. "Got it!" We say at the same time, and I flush. "Hah.. jinx," they say, and I roll my eyes. "Sooo.. Windy, that phone box seems like a nice thing.." they say, and I nod. "Come on, let's report these bastards!" I say, and Nylon looks at the sinking sunset, frowning a bit.