Prologue ~ Poppy

Love is a complicated thing. There are two different ways love works. Sure you can love someone, I love my parents, I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. I love my brother, he's always been there for me through everything. I love my friends, they've always stayed by my side. But, you can also be in love with someone. Have I ever been in love with someone you may ask? Well, that's a little complicated.

I've had boyfriends, of course, some being better than others. My first boyfriend Marcus Friedman, total jackass. I was a freshman while he was a junior, that should've been the first red flag. Then, he invited me to his winter formal just to get in my pants; I definitely wasn't in love with him. My second boyfriend, Nicolas Larson, was sweet, but he dumped me and moved across the country before I even had the chance to fall in love.

Only one guy has ever made me feel a certain way. He made me believe in all that love-at-first-sight bullshit. But he also made the butterflies disappear just as fast as they came. And what have I concluded from all of this? That guys are dicks, and staying single will help me keep my sanity.

Part of me hopes college will open new doors for me. Maybe I'll even meet someone. Until then, Jace Knox is the only thing on my mind, and how things would be so much different if he had just called me back.
____________________________

Here's a short little prologue for you guys!

This is just a little bit to ease into the story.

Note: the story is set to a mature rating but not all chapters will be "explicit".

It is only set to mature because there will be some smut and language later in the story 😉

Until next time!

-ellie