The first days without you

Change of point of view in this chapter the “I” becomes Lucas

It's morning, I head him to school without any joy or strength. How am I going to do without you? Are you going to get through this? I got in line and waited for the French teacher. He arrives and takes us to his room. I sit at my table. And feel angry tears welling up. I don't have the words to express how I feel. My emotions are too strong. I miss you. I want to see you there with me. But no, because of Augustin you no longer want to be there. I will avenge you, I promise. “It’s recess time, students.” I go out into the courtyard and look at Augustin. I walk towards him with a determined step.
“What’s the matter with the stupid guy?
- I have that "
In a fit of anger I punched him in the head. He falls to the ground.
" I'm sorry.
- I don't care about your excuses
- Because of you, Tom attempted suicide.
- No, that's not possible.
- Yes, you were so mean to him, you insulted him, hit him, humiliated him...
- I do not know what happend to me. » On the microphone, the CPE announces what happened with Tom. About twenty people approach me and come to support me
" It'll be OK
- We are with you
- He's going to get through this."
It makes me feel extremely good to see that there are people who are there for me.
This morning is the second day without Tom... I'm getting dressed and looking out the window at the weather. I can see around thirty figures dressed in white, I recognize Lise, a classmate, or even Thomas, a friend. They hold up large signs with the words "Here is the result of harassment, racism, homophobia..." On another sign we can read "We must learn to live together like brothers otherwise we will die like idiots" a quite quote known to Martin Luther King. I hurry to finish putting on my shoes, rush down the stairs and arrive at the door. I find it incredible, it warms my heart. I am going to middle school...

1 year ago, I decided to write a diary, this evening, I'm diving back into it;

Dear Diary, Today I met a boy in college. His name is Tom, he is very nice, in English class I saw him looking at me. At the end of the English class, he spoke to me. We talked a little. Until the moment I saw him in the locker room I thought he was just a friend. Just before Friday sports class, I saw him and then I knew he wasn't just a friend to me. I love him, but does he feel anything for me? The day I went to his house, I left so happy. But for 2 days, he hasn't been there anymore...