2. The painful past

Dear Readers,

Before we dive into the next chapter of our story, I want to make an important preliminary note. I would like to warn you that there are some emotionally taxing scenes in this part, including a family conflict at a funeral. I know this may be particularly sensitive for some readers, but I want to make it clear that I didn't t write these parts with racist intent, and I didn't include them because I have a bad opinion of Egyptians.
Our story also touches upon the question of Coop and Millie's Egyptian heritage, as mentioned in one episode that they are descendants of an Egyptian royal family. I would attribute this to their maternal lineage for several reasons.
Firstly, significant Egyptian immigration was not characteristic until the 1950s, so Coop and Millie cannot have so distant Egyptian ancestors. So, this Egyptian ancestor, through whom they're related to the Pharaoh and the princess, could be a grandparent too.
Secondly, do you remember the episode titled "Flea Brains," where Burt builds a card castle with Millie, and he shows pictures of their ancestors? Did we see Egyptian ancestors there? No, only French or at least Europeans. Also let's not forget that Burt is a history fan, he even knew that his family has been growing the biggest pumpkins since ancient times. I think if he had this royal lineage in his bloodline, he would have known about it too. Therefore, I believe that Coop and Millie have Egyptian ancestors through their maternal family.
Thank you for your understanding and openness regarding the topic. Have a good reading! 🙂

Burt, deeply shaken and feeling disturbed by the painful memories of the past, left the kitchen needing some solitude to process his thoughts. He went up to the attic, where he had hidden memories associated with his deceased wife for years, including her photographs and even her wedding ring, which she angrily removed on their last night together during an argument. Burt cautiously took out the dusty boxes. He looked at the photographs of Monica, which brought back memories of a happier, carefree time when they were together. Each photo captured a special memory filled with love and joy.

There was a picture from their childhood Halloween where Monica was dressed as a pirate, Burt as Frankenstein, Monica's old and first friend Allison as a fairy, and Henry as a dragon. It was the girl's first Halloween since her parents only celebrated the Day of the Dead while they were together, honoring the deceased at their graves and consuming traditional foods.

There were teenage photos, pictures from a photo booth, one with Monica kissing Burt's cheek, and another where they made silly faces. There was also a photo from a ball during their university years, where Monica had let down her hair and her style became more elegant than in her high school days. They had photos from their travels, including one in front of the Giza pyramids in Egypt. As he reached their wedding photos, Burt began to cry more intensely, followed by photos with their children, and then those from George's wedding, where Monica, pregnant with Millie, looked beautiful even with a rounded belly.

Burt reflected on the past, remembering how he first met Monica, and how she changed over the years. She evolved from a shy, reserved girl into a confident and expressive woman, especially after starting work at the museum, where her passion for art and history fully blossomed. Her style became more refined, her elegance and charisma grew as she found herself. This transformation was wondrous to Burt, though it sometimes posed a challenge for him. As Monica became more confident, Burt occasionally struggled with jealousy and adapting to these changes in his wife.

Though Monica remained introverted, she became more open as an adult, initiating conversations more easily and forming connections through her developed communication skills at work. To Burt, she was the epitome of beauty. Her half-Egyptian heritage gave her unique and captivating features. Her fine facial features, deep blue eyes, and serious aura always attracted people, especially Burt. Her beauty and charismatic presence often sparked jealousy in him, which was difficult for him to handle. These feelings contributed to the uncertainty and suspicion that ultimately led to tragedy.