| v. THE BREAKUP GAME

LIMERENCE the rewrite - J

LIMERENCE the rewrite - J.P. !
( " Let's fake date " )

            ONCE THE LONG, DRAWED OUT DAY finally retired, Ophelia had found the time to question her closest friend over the sadness weighing in her chest

ONCE THE LONG, DRAWED OUT DAY finally retired, Ophelia had found the time to question her closest friend over the sadness weighing in her chest. She'd found Ember in their dorm, working at her desk with papers littered around her. A stressed breath fell from Ember's lips.

"Em?" Ophelia sat on the corner of Ember's bed. "I-how do you really feel about them dating?"

Ember glanced up from the essay. She slowly shook her head, eyes straining with contained tears. Her heart had been ripped apart. She'd loved him for so long- devoted her heart to a boy that would never love her back. She would die alone, knowing that she could have had River O'Conner if she'd just tried. "No." She muttered. "I bloody hate it. I'd be a bitch to try and break them up... but Ophelia, I love him. I'm in love with him! I don't want them together. But, I can't break them up. I can't- I can't do that to Lily and I can't be that person and, Ophelia, I really want to be that person right now!"

Visible tears bubbled up in the corner of her eyes. She quickly wiped any sign of crying away. A deep sigh came from Ophelia's chest. Her heart tugged at her heart. She moved from the bed and wrapped Ember into a tight hug, placing her chin onto the girl's head. Ember White loved River O'Conner with her entire heart, and slowly it would ruin her.