Chapter 6

Lore-Val smoothed out the kamas, tracing a finger over the blue hem. The flight back from Concordia was taking far too long for her liking. She was so excited to get home and try on her full kit. It felt like when she was little and her mother would have her try on new clothes. It was a day-long production, but she'd loved every second of it. Trying on new colors and textures was always so fun, she'd never dared to imagine she would one day wear beskar.

Solitaire looked over at her from the pilot's seat and snorted a laugh, "Are you having fun?"

"Laugh now buddy," Lore-Val mirrored his laugh, "I'm going to kick your shebs (butt) once I've got my besbe (kit) on."

"Oh is it magic beskar?"

"If I can't fight you it means you're training me wrong."

"Keeping up with and beating me are two different things," He looked at the planet growing in the viewport, "Are you landing or am I?"

She settled the kamas back in the bag she'd been given them in, and gestured for him to flip the controls over to her, and started prepping the ship for reentry.

"Before I forget," Solitaire started, after switching the controls, "have you come up with a name for when we leave?"

"I have a short list. Nothing I really love. It will be easier once we have a last name picked."

He nodded, thinking. The idea of a last name was foreign to him. Kryze, Kenobi, kriff even Fett, were all well known. They needed to come up with something ambiguous, a name that wouldn't turn heads.

"If we're going to keep our armor we'll need a Mandalorian name," Lore-Val said as they began breaking through the clouds, "but I don't want to connect myself to any of the clans. The clans are too big a mess to get involved with."

"Throw some Mando'a at me. Maybe we can just use something vaguely Mando sounding."

"Aliik (sigil), hayc (plain/simple), evaar (young/new), gihaal-"

"What's that last one? It sounds good."

She snorted, "It's like leather meat, but made of fish."

"Gross Lore. Take this seriously."

She set her focus out the viewport so she could land. When she had the shuttle safely docked on the landing platform she paused in shutting it down.

"What about kote?" she asked

"What about Cody?"

"No, kote," she over pronounced the 't' sound, "It means glory. Rex told me once it was Cody's first name as a cadet."

Solitaire shook his head and smirked, "I'll bet he gave it to himself. You really want to name us after Cody?"

She nodded.

"Okay. I'll check a last name off the list."

Lore-Val seemed to still, and quiet overtook them for a long pause. "I know we still have work to do, but do you really think we can do it? Not get ourselves killed, I mean."

"Lore, you're getting the best training imaginable. By the time we go, wherever we go, you won't even need me any more."

She looked down at the jaig eyes she'd drawn on her boots, her face going a little pink, "Thanks, but I think I'll keep you."

"Oh you think you have a choice?" he grinned, patting her shoulder as he climbed out of his seat. "Come on, let's put that armor to the test."

AN: Pics of Lore-Val's helmet are now on my Instagram @ MaeMae0502.writes