CHAPTER 9

Yeonjin greeted the morning with a stoic face. She didn't get enough sleep last night, so she supported her tired eyes with eyeglasses. Her mind was blank when she hopped on the backseat, mindlessly greeting her secretary back.

Eunyoung narrated all the schedules that the CEO has for today. Thankfully, the morning streets aren't filled with traffic like yesterday, so it lessened the heavy mood inside the car. Eunyoung was also aware that the CEO's mind isn't entirely focused on work today, but she continued explaining the things that should be done, adhering to their usual morning routine.

"Do you want to drop by Beans 'N Tea, Miss Jung?" Eunyoung asks as they are nearing the café.

"Hm?" Yeonjin finally tore her eyes from the iPad after hearing a question. "Oh, the café?"

"Yes"

I wonder if a good cup of coffee will make me focus. Yeonjin's eyes darted to the device's screen again, realizing that it's been on the same page for the entire ride. She's been blankly staring at it without even reading the content.

Really, now. She threw her head back and sighed.

"Are you unwell, miss?" Eunyoung asks as she temporarily parks in front of the café and checks on the CEO in the backseat.

Yeonjin glanced at the café, then looked back at the secretary. "What time is the meeting with Neo Entertainment again?"

"10:30 AM, miss."

"Do we have any meetings before that?"

"None, miss, but you have to confirm the proposal of the marketing team and send the monthly report to Chairman Jung."

Gosh, I'll be meeting with dad soon. I haven't heard from him for awhile; does he even know about the dating rumors I have? Yeonjin sighed for the umpteenth time.

"Let's go straight to the company. I'll just have my coffee there."

Yeonjin was stuck with papers and charts for the following hour. She has been checking the clock occasionally, estimating the time when she will go to her next schedule.

The marketing team did their best to make the proposal clear as usual, so it wasn't hard to review, and with a light heart, she accepted it and sent an email to the team leader.

By the time she was done sending the monthly reports to the chairman, a knock on her door was heard, followed by Eunyoung stepping inside her office.

"We should get going, miss."

Lee Jeno, you're dead to me.