Part 4 - Not that different

I stared at 'Kai', The first soul I had seen since I got here, I furrowed my brows in confusion, "Wha- how?" I muttered.

Kai kept smiling at me, the large grin taking up nearly half of his face, "What's your name?" He asked enthusiastically, giving me a pointed look.

I studied him for a moment, he was dressed in a red and green jacket over the top of a grey shirt. Navy blue trousers and black shoes.

Kai raised an eyebrow, looking down at his clothes as well, "I can totally take them off if you want." He suggested with a smug smile.

I scoffed, "No. Thanks." I replied. There is something seriously wrong with this guy.

Kai shrugged, "Your loss." He exclaimed, sticking his bottom lip off as if he was hurt.
I rolled my eyes, "Evelina. Evelina Mikaelson." I said, answering his question.

Kai whistled and hooted, "Wow." He said while chuckling, "You're a Mikaelson?" He asked.
I nodded my head, "Pleasure, I'm sure." I exclaimed.

He nodded his head slightly, "Absolutely." He said while eyeing me, looking me up and down.

I narrowed my eyes when he stepped closer to me, "And you're the siphoner right?" He licked his lips quickly, not moving his eyes from mine.

I nodded, "Heretic." I corrected.

I watched as he took another two steps towards me, but I stayed put, not letting myself be intimidated by him.

He cocked his head to the side, "Wow." He mumbled under his breath. Laughing lightly, he stepped towards me again, "Me too." He exclaimed, I furrowed my brows.

"Siphoner." He clarified, raising his hands in front of him, elbows bent.

I looked down at the bag filled with blood bags, knowing none of them were going to hit the same way Kai's blood would.

I felt the veins under my eyes begin to pulse, and the tingling sensation on my tongue appeared once again.

"Woah hey." Kai quickly said, backing away with his arms held up in surrender. "And here I was thinking we were friends." He exclaimed, a fake hurt expression on his face.

I couldn't stop myself, the insatiable hunger taking over me, I sped toward him, holding him by both of his shoulders, I sunk my teeth into his neck, sucking the blood out of him.

He groaned in pain, "Stop!" He yelled, but it was too late, I dried him of blood and he fell to the ground, dead.

I inhaled deeply, did I just kill the only other person here?

"Shit." I said out loud. By now my breath was becoming louder, less contained, I was pacing on the spot, panic overriding my sanity, "Fuck!" I screamed, bending over slightly, I threw a punch at the nearest wall, puncturing a hole straight through it.

I raked my hands through my hair, wiping my hand over my mouth briefly.

I squeezed my eyes shut, speeding out of the hospital and back to the white mansion.

Quickly opening the front door, I ran inside and up the stairs.
After a few minutes, I had somehow managed to calm myself down, placing the bag of blood bags onto the ground beside my bed and walking to the ensuite bathroom.

I slipped out of my clothes, stepping into the large shower and turning the water hot.
The shower water hit me, running down my body and relaxing my tense muscles.

I stood there for what felt like an hour, finally getting out and wrapping a towel around myself. I hobbled back to the bed in the middle of the room, making a short trip to the dresser to pick out the clothes I had taken from the clothing store.