Chapter 15: Maloney's Plight

"We ran the numbers that even a child could count, the Vladivostok couldn't have made it to the hive or shot the Chornobyl Cannon before being shot down by those black and reds." The co-captain said as she wore a headset that connected her directly to Hyperborea, courtesy to the efforts of the communications officer. 

From the other end of the headset, the response was unclear as barely intelligible speech. However, what the other person at the end of the call clearly angered the co-captain. "We lost 41 men and women, both Vasilyevsky and Space Force personnel! And we would have lost hundreds more of your 'valuable personnel' if we didn't land in Romagna, what does it matter to you if another type of our ships are revealed to their intelligence!?" The co-captain responded harshly.

The doors to the bridge opened, Kurt carrying the intruding girl by the arm as some of the crew already knew that the girl wasn't supposed to be anywhere in the ship in the first place. "Hold on. What happened now?" The co-captain asked as she put down the headset.

"An intruder. I found her in a storage room, she was hiding under some potatoes but she doesn't seem have any loyalty to Orussia or Romagna." Kurt said in response as the girl behind him looked slightly agitated from being dragged across the ship at Mach 10.

Isamu sighed as the navigator looked towards Kurt. "As if anything else could add to this. My life is really like a movie, her's too." Damien said in a relaxed tone of voice, also pointing to the girl as Kurt realized the girl didn't tell him her name.

"Oh yeah right. What's your name?" He asked, turning his head to the girl.

"Ah, it's Morikawa Nori!" The girl, now identified as Nori said in her cheerful tone.

"Alright." Isamu said, taking the stage from Kurt. "She'll be registered in with Organization of Nations personnel when we land since there's no point bringing her back to Romagna. If we can, we'll also ship her back to wherever she came from." Isamu stated as the co-captain started to inform the home base of the matter.

Meanwhile. Nori lightened up, curious about the world the members of the Organization of Nations belonged to. Though clearly, she was unaware of the train wrecked state that Terra Nostrum was in after a third world war and a war with the Neuroi. 

With a gleam in her eye, Nori started fantasizing about Terra Nostrum. Imagining futuristic cities that had funny looking structures, as was the assumption for the future at the time. Kurt clearly seeing this, patted Nori's head with a worried expression. "If you're thinking about what our world looks like, don't get your hopes up. New York doesn't look like some Martian city or anything sadly." Kurt said to Nori, a disappointed tone in his voice as he also thought the same at one point.

Nori immediately gave a sad expression as she had high expectations for the world Kurt was adopted. "Alright now come on. I'll have yourself get a room with one of the crew because I'm not willing to be branded as a pedo." Kurt said, bringing Nori along. However a quick ping on the radar operator's terminal proved otherwise.

A few more Neuroi appeared on the radar. One of them being vastly larger than the others. "Neuroi! 56km ahead!" The radar operator said as Kurt and Nori looked back in surprise and shock.

"Get us a visual on that!" Isamu said as the communications officer went to work. Activating a telescopic camera on top of the bridge section of the ship. From there a view of a Neuroi that looked like a sci-fi space station alongside Neuroi that looked like CG-1991 fighters appeared on the monitor screen.

"So in the end, even they knew the 1991 was the best fighter." The co-captain said as Isamu remained undeterred.

As Isamu smiled, Nori looked in horror as she turned to Kurt. "How will you defeat that Neuroi!? You have no witches!" Nori asked as Kurt smirked in response.