13| Afterglow

"Its so excruciating to see you low

Just wanna lift you up and not let you go

This ultraviolet morning light below

Tell me this love is worth the fight"
~Taylor Swift

Tell me this love is worth the fight"~Taylor Swift

Travis's pov
8 years ago

"Hello! This is Chanel. Drop a voice message if something is urgent and I'll get back to you asap."

Dammit. This is the seventh time her dial has gone to the voicemail. She was here just an hour ago and now she is gone.

Gone where? I have no clue. We were binge watching her favourite sitcom when she exited the room to bring us some snacks from the kitchen.

I waited for her to bring them in my room. Fifteen minutes turned into twenty but she didn't return. So I jumped out of the bed to look for her.

I checked the kitchen, living room even the terrace but she was no where to be found. She was not here.

I can't call at her home because she sneaked here, to my place. Her parents still believes that she is tucked in her bed, sleeping soundly.

What shoud I do? I have to make sure that she is safe and out of danger.

I slipped into my crocs and picked up the keys of my porche. I have to find her. Where can she possibly go at this hour?

I unparked my car from the garage and got on the road. And with a beautiful luck I am blessed with, It started pouring heavily.

I switched the lanes and drove in the direction of the animal shelter. She always goes there to take her mind off, things. I pulled over near the shelter gate.

I got out of the car and pushed the gate open. The gate made a screeching sound and all the dogs started barking.

Fucking fantastic.

Luckily the shelter was an old one and doesn't have much animals in it. I made my way towards the shelter office and found its light, onn.

Relief flooded in my chest. It has to be Chanel.

I run towards the office and there she was. Snuggled up in a ball over the couch.

She raised her head in a jerk sensing my footsteps, taking me as a stranger but as soon as her eyes found my face her expression calmed a bit.

My T shirt was drenched. Water droplets were dripping from my hair, running down to my face.

I sighed and made my way towards her.

Her chin trembled and she whispers my name "Travis"
I instantly wrapped my arms around her and she shook in my arms, crying.

These past few days were not pleasant to her. She has suffered the loss of her bestfriend. 'Trisha'