08 Aid

The other two turned towards the obvious intrusion and my guide bowed at the waist.  I figured - when on the mainland, do as the mainlander do - and also bowed to them.  As he straightened himself up, he explained our presence. "Forgive the interruption Masters, but this....elf claims to have an urgent message....from Shadowglen."

I was trying to figure out why he called me just an elf when Master Stormgrip's gaze shifted to me and spoke first. "And what is this message, Candidate Merea?"

At last!  Some name recognition.  Although I had thought my mother would be the one to introduce me to Dolanaar's leader.

"It's actually just an object, Master.  And I was chosen specifically by Dentaria to deliver it because I know the story surrounding it." I explained, trying not to make myself sound too important.  As I finished, I fished the wrapping out of my side satchel and slowly handed it to Stormgrip, since he was the one who asked.  At the same time, Swiftroot nodded to my guide, dismissing him.

"It's a Crystal phial filled with moonwater, if I'm not mistaken," observed Stormgrip holding it up to a weirlight on the ceiling.  Shanda took it from him and also studied it up close.

"It is moonwater, Master," I verified.  "It comes from the Shadowglen well.  Priestess Dentaria tasked Master Gil and I to obtain her some for study after the priest had his vision."  Shanda looked surprised at this, but I wasn't done reporting yet. "She had gone back herself, but when she touched the water, she released some kind of fey energy and her and her companion were blown away and knocked unconscious.  Her companion, also Gilshalan, carried her back to Aldrassil, where she revived.  The next day she asked us to go back and carefully get a sample for her."

  "Were there any aftereffects of them blacking out?" asked Stormgrip concernedly.

"Not that I could tell, Master, though I am neither a priest acolyte, nor know Priestess Dentaria well," I admitted. "Regardless, when we returned, Master Gil was able to get several phials of the water, but not before we witnessed a spectre of an elf."

This time Swiftroot was curious. "A spectre, you say?"

"Yes, sir," I continued reporting. "He had much to say, about Hyjal and Nordrassil. He seemed concerned that our immortality is...   gone and that Master Malfurion is missing," I tried to summarize.

"So even the spiritworld is concerned about the state of things," restated Shanda. "I tell you, this taint of our water and wild has farther reaching consequences than our villages." We seemed to be getting back to where my arrival had interrupted their argument.

"Was there more to this message?" asked Swiftroot.

"No," I replied respectfully, but also quickly summarized the amount and type of wildlife we'd discovered affected.

"Very well," he intoned. "Go down to the lodge and get yourself some nourishment and rest. We will have a response for the priestess by tomorrow."

Shanda interrupted, "With all due respect, Masters, this candidate is also my daughter, and I'd like her to stay to hear the resolution of our....discussions."

They both nodded at the personal request.

"Actually, the priestess also desired Master Moonrage to specifically see one of the phials, though I thought I should report here first. Shall I give him the other one now?"

Swiftroot smiled as if amusing himself. "That would be good, yes. That's where our phial will end up anyway. Since the priestess seems one step ahead of us, why don't you have Moonrage come up here if he discovers anything, hmm?"

My mother gave me a kind, but stern, gaze as I realized I'd had her burn some favor chits unnecessarily. I bowed low to make up for my faux pa, and hurried out and back down the ramp.