chapter i lost count

"Auggie?.. Do you understand?.. "
He asked me as if it wasn't totally obvious that I had no clue.

"What? Tell me! "
I almost yelled, still kind of surprised because of the burns.

"No.. No, maybe I'm wrong. Forget it. Let's keep looking around, maybe we'll find something useful. "
..
I complied, though wondering why he can't tell me what he thought even if our friendship is now supposed to be healthy and honest.

As we continued to search the building for anything, I noticed that he was always looking kind of.. Maybe guilty?
And he kept glancing at me, and looking away when ever I visibly noticed.
What's going on with him? The only idea I can think of now.. Is simply not possible. Whatever happens, I won't ever consider trying it.

But now that I think about it..
It makes a little too much sense.
I'll simply ignore it. Anyway...
It had been a while of finding absolutely nothing. The house was pretty much empty. Im getting tired, the weight has only got a little less, and when I stopped thinking about that one idea that I will NEVER consider, the weight came right back. But again, I'll ignore it.

Winnie is beginning to look desperate.
He's sweating, his eyes shifting all over the place as he pretends to look for things.
Suddenly, the weight becomes unbearable, and i am pulled to the ground by gravity, Winnie falling a little bit later and less violently than me.

Maybe I will consider that idea.
I'm getting so incredibly frustrated, I want to wake up so badly, and it's seeming more and more logical every moment that passes.
I feel a little less heavy.
Winnie notices my facial expression and he knows I know now, too.

"Can I.. Um.. Aug, just let me-.. "
I know what he's about to do, and I close my eyes, ready for my entire body to start burning. And it does, but only for a while. As he gets closer, I feel scorching hot pain in my entire being, but I let it happen. The moment he kisses me, the
Burning agony dissapears, and I'm finally the perfect temperature, and all the weight is gone.