C.30

"Mommy, are you and daddy fighting again?" Nayeli asked, she was the only one up, Nehemiah and Kaylee was asleep on Zac's side of the bed.

"Rainy what! What are you talking about baby" Fatima asked confused.

"Daddy not in the room and we only sleep in here when y'all are fighting? Nayeli rubbed her itchy nose.

"Well baby we're not fighting, daddy is just not tired yet so that's why he's not upstairs but it's 11 and you need to go to sleep you not tired?" Fatima asked her.

"No Mommy" Nayeli lies.

Chuckles, "Mamas you are tired as hell why are you lying Ima be right here-

"Please don't ever leave me I don't want to end up like Kaylee I want to see you every day mommy" Nayeli blurs out.

"Rain what mamas im right here and I'll never leave you" Fatima was confused about where all this was coming from.

"Then why are you not here as much?" Nayeli asked.

Sighs, "I'm working baby that's all okay but because I work doesn't mean im going to leave you! Not ever okay I love you pumpkin" Fatima said as she kissed cheek.

"I love you too mommy" Nayeli started to get comfortable under the covers.

30 minutes later Nayeli was out cold, Now Fatima could do the rest of her night routine which was her face care. Zac walks into the bathroom to start his night routine.

"Are we going to talk about you spending all this time at the hospital or what Fatima?" Zac asked.

"Zachary I don't have time for your shit, all day you just been nagging, I been home for 3 hours you just now saying shit to me, you didn't hug or kiss me didn't even ask me how the rest of my day was. Instead, you come here asking how much time I'm spending at the hospital it's work Zac. I'm there to work that's all" Fatima said frustrated and Zac threw his hands up.

"You tripping, you have never pulled this many doubles in a row, let me find out you doing something you ain't supposed to be doing Fatima, and we gone have a problem" Zachary said lastly before leaving out the bathroom, he decided to shower & sleep in the guest room, Fatima energy just something he wasn't up for tonight.

Fatima finished up her face, she laid in bed, and thought about everything she was doing, In her mind, she felt like she wasn't doing anything wrong, but she knew if Zac was spending this much time with somebody he works with she would be upset.

Tuesday January 9th, 2029

The next morning came around,  Fatima was out the door bright and early, when Zac saw that she was gone, all he could do was shake his head.

"Hey big head" Fatima said walking into Kane's room with his discharge papers.

"Hey, beautiful" Kanes said sweetly and Fatima smiled at him.

"You ready to get out of here?" She asked, handing him the papers.

"Hell yeah, sick of looking at these damn walls" He snapped playfully "About lunch? Can I take you out or?" He added.

"Yeah, I'm actually going on my lunch break now, Do you have someplace in mind?" Fatima asked.

"Is Nobu still your favorite place?" He grinned, "you know it is boy, don't play" Fatima said laughing."I just have to make a quick call first" she added.

Laughs, "You gotta check in with your husband huh" Kane said.

"Again! It's just out of respect" Fatima said as left his room to call Zac.