Chapter 1

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 🩷

Today is NOT a good day. I just finished unpacking all my stuff after yet ANOTHER move across the country, thanks to my dad's job. I'm mad, and it doesn't help that he told me he had to go away for business immediately.

Like what the heck?? We just got here, and he's already leaving again. I get that being a travelling architect means you're busy all the time, but I'd appreciate having a father.

It doesn't help that my mother died when I was around 8 years old. Cancer; honestly, it was a shame. She was a real beauty. She was really kind too. I miss her a whole lot, since she was the only real parent I'd had. I think her death just drove dad even farther away, since he couldn't bear to look at me.

I've been told I resemble her a lot. In looks, at least. We both have the same wavy brown hair, freckles, slender frame, and emerald eyes. And I have her middle name as my first, which is ‘Elaine’. That's about it, though.

As my father likes to remind me, I'm nowhere near as nice as her. But really, I'm only a jerk to him. I'm actually a very nice person, I just can't stand him trying to order me around and control my entire life, as is his favorite hobby.

So, as I prepare to spend my whole first week in our new town by myself, I start by ordering myself pizza for dinner. We moved into some fancy housing community, which is thankfully within delivery radius.

After I eat, I make sure that my room is fully unpacked. I brought most of my furniture and decorations with me, so my room is the same black color it's always been, with accents of silver.

Just another one of my ways of rebelling against my father. He'd say white and gold, since they're more “refined” or “elegant” in his opinion. So, I went with the “opposite” color scheme to make him mad (which, by the way, works).

I have the second biggest bedroom in the whole house, complete with a queen bed and ensuite bathroom. I had movers to help with my furniture, thank god, and finally my room is (mostly) put together.

All that's left is putting up my LED lights, but I can do that later. Turns out, a flight from LA to New York takes a long time (around 5.5 hours) and since I took an afternoon flight, it's already about 9 pm.

The poor moving van had to leave like 3 days early, since it was literally driving across the country, and it needed to arrive at the same time as us. But it did, and now our house is livable.

It's even complete with a pool and hot tub, which is something not every house in this community has. I intend to take full advantage of that, come summer time.

However, it is currently mid-September, and definitely not pool season. It also means that school started a couple weeks ago, and I've already missed quite a bit. Nothing like a late entrance to really make an impression.

And of course my dad wants me to start school at a “prestigious high school” right away. Even though it's only been a day, I start school tomorrow. No time to catch my breath, huh? Better get to sleep so I can be well rested, or at least as much as possible.
____________

I wake up early, like I usually do, around 6 am. I shower, blow dry my hair, and put it into a ponytail. I apply some light makeup (mascara, highlighter, and peach lip gloss), and put on my fabulous outfit.

A white cropped corset, a tan pleated skirt, white stockings, and beige ankle boots. I finish off the look with a pearl necklace and drop diamond earrings. I grab my bag and car keys, and head downstairs. School starts at 8:30, and that's only in an hour from now. I still have to get breakfast and coffee.