Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1: Joriel K.

"HOW MANY times do I have to tell you to stay away from that woman."

"Stop dictating me on what I should do, I don't need your opinion."

"Ugh, Joriel! She's out of your league."

"She's not," I strongly disagreed.

"There are girls who suits you better, if you could only open your blinded eyes," she dramatically said. "Palibhasa nagayuma ka na ng probinsyana na 'yon eh, what a witch."

I snapped. Malakas kong binagsak ang libro na binabasa ko sa lamesa. Napahiyaw siya sa gulat.

"Joriel!!?!!"

I gave her a death glare. "Don't you ever call her names, stop being a bitch."

Her eyes blinked as she didn't expect me to call her that. She should not be surprised, she's a total definition of a bitch.

These people. I hate them all—except my mom. I hate the way they throw words to the girl I love the most. They don't even know her.

Pinigilan ko ang sarili na kumuha ng alak sa kitchen. I stopped drinking because she doesn't want me to drink. She said it's bad for me and she's right. Even in smoking I already quit, she doesn't want the smell of it. Kahit na twice lang kami nagkikita sa isang buwan, I really quit all my vices for her. I want to be better because she deserves a better man.

This is the first time I had a girlfriend, not just a fling. Being committed to her means everything. It took me more than a year to suit her then eventually, she gave me her precious yes.

Luina, my girl.

It's very frustrating, people around me disliking her when she's the nicest person on earth. The problem is them, they are not giving her a chance to know her. Just because she's not on the same league as them, they judge her as if she did their wrong. Kung makapagsalita sila sa kanya ay akala mo kilala nila ang buong pagkatao niya. They didn't even witnessed her life.

To put aside my frustration, I changed my clothes into a gym wear. Magbababad ako sa gym para mawala sa isip ko ang mga sinabi nila sa kanya. I just really hate it when they're talking shits about her and it makes me feel frustrated because I couldn't do anything.

Once I'm done studying, and once I got a job, aalis na ako sa bahay. I'm willing to stay at her house kahit pa malayo ito sa city, basta malapit lang siya sakin.

Napangiti ako nang ma-imagine ang future namin. Living in the coziest place with the girl I love and make our own family. Building our dream house and both of us planning on what color it will be.

Sana bumilis ang takbo ng oras, I badly want to see her. It's been a couple of weeks since the last time we saw each other. I miss her so damn much. I even prepared a surprise for her since medyo hindi kami nagka-intindihan nung huli naming pagkikita. But we're okay, hindi ko hahayaan na hindi kami okay. Kahit ako ang laging magsorry at manuyo, that's okay. Anyways, she's very understanding so we fix every argument we had in just a couple of minutes or an hour.

"Joriel, go to my office now," his voice screams authoritativeness.

When I heard that the door closed, I tossed the 60 kilos weight that I've been lifting up and down. I stretched my arms and neck before getting my towel. I went to my father's office in our house as he ordered.

"You called Naih a bitch, you called your sister—"

"Your spoiled brat daughter," I cut him off. "And she's not my sister, I don't have any."