Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4: Please, be my girlfriend.

"Can you please say something, I look so stupid right now, talking to someone who's not even looking at me."

"That's exactly what you did to me," he rebated. "You make me look so stupid, talking to someone who pretended to be my girlfriend," he mocked me.

"And that is why I am sorry for making you feel that way," I am super close to crying again. I keep apologizing but he keeps on not accepting it. Kahapon pa ako nagmamakaawa sa kanya and it's all gone in vain.

"You're such a desperate spoiled woman, you are selfish and hopeless," he meanly said but it's the truth.

Ouch, that hurts. He's so cruel, and I deserved all of those. This is the first time someone talked to me like this, treated me like this, and said hurtful things to me right in front of my face.

"Do you know how it caused me so much anxiety?" he started being mad again. "I almost died when I found out that you're not my girlfriend and whom I was with is not her," his breath is getting heavier as he keeps on talking.

How can I make him accept my apology now? I'm such a terrible person kasi eh.

"You know what? I'm starting to think that you get your face done to look like her because you're one of those desperate girls who wants me," he suddenly splurted out that made my eyes widened.

"What??! I don't even know you," I defended myself from his false accusation.

"Then how did you know my name?" He squinted his eyes.

"I heard Nanay Nonita calling you that and I asked Tatay Pedring," I explained then I remembered something. "And wait, from what I can remember, you're the one who knows my name, you called me by my nickname." The table turned, I'm now suspecting him.

He stopped for a moment.

"Lui?"

"Yes!"

"That's my girlfriend's nickname, Lui short for Luina," he said.

I immediately told him that that's also my nickname. "That's also mine, Lui from Luisandria."

We both went quiet. Hindi ko alam if he's still mad or what. Medyo nagsoften naman na ang facial expression niya. Looking at his calmed face, naalala ko kung paano siya ka-lovely boy nung time na he still doesn't know that I'm pretending to be her girlfriend.

"H-how did you know? That I'm not her." I curiously asked after a while na naging tahimik kami.

"I went to their house and found out that she ran away,"

"Ran away?"

"We still don't know the reason why but I'm sure that she's just too tired of everything, she needs some rest and space."

"What if—"

"No what if's, I know my girlfriend, she's not a troublesome person who make decisions out of desperation." Patama niya sa akin.

"Alright!" I raised my two hands to tell him I get it, mamaya he will start making me feel more guiltier again.

"Khade! Amalia! Kakain na."

I stood up first and went to the dining area. Tatay Pedring is already sitting while Nanay Nonita is putting the rice above the table. Sumunod na rin si Khade after ng ilang seconds. He got no choice but to sit beside me since there are 4 chairs lang and the two chairs na magkatabi are occupied na ng mag-asawa.

We were so quiet while eating, no one is talking kaya it feels super awkward. Maybe it's because of me and Khade na nag-away yesterday.

"Ang sarap talaga ng diningding mo La, namiss ko po ito."