11. WHITE/PURPLE/YELLOW

PATIENCE IS KEY. a saying more familiar with seishirou than one might expect from him.

he can wait dozens of minutes—twenty-four hours of the day, even—for someone or something to arrive at their designated location.

it's not as if he's willing to wait, he's not going to be patient if he's not going to wait in the first place.

but good things come to those who wait. and waiting barely matters when he'll find things more precious than a moment of time at the end of the day. anticipation is vain when serenity stands beside him in the form of a star and the sun.

above all, he does not give a fuck. seishirou doesn't look forward to events, he looks down with his head in his arms as he sleeps through half of the school day after entering class minutes before the bell.

though, someone can scold him and he'll give them a look before telling them, "but it's such a pain." and then he doesn't bother to attend. if they're lucky and reo is there, he might 'reprimand' seishirou with: "it's fine! i'll bring you there with my limousine," he'll say. "l/n's coming too!" he'll also say, but this is completely irrelevant. it's only being mentioned because reo always says that before he says—

"c'mon, nagi! stay awake!" reo shakes his shoulders with one hand; the other holding y/n's for emotional support.

seishirou flutters his eyelids, trying to get the sleepiness out of his eyes without resorting to rubbing them. y/n's grandmother once told y/n it was bad. and then y/n told seishirou (and reo in extension) that it was bad. so now seishirou has no choice but to not rub his eyes or else y/n will look upset.

like he does now, a frown threatening to tug at the corners of his lips and mildly furrowed brows.

it would be a bit... endearing as reo might (already) put it if it weren't for the context that y/n is upset about something serious.

something about a boy who serves as a remnant of his past, who made a mistake that can be considered as a defence— even if it only hurt the both of them.

about someone y/n once adored enough to be seeking him out and see through his flaws.

someone seishirou doesn't think he'll be fond of.

seishirou averts his eyes away from y/n, they keep doing that without him knowing. and yet, he doesn't find a means to stop it.

he knows he'll fall asleep if he lies his head down, so he props his head on both of his hands. empty, empty hands that reo will not hold. that y/n cannot hold because reo is sitting between them.

not like y/n ever does when reo isn't an obstacle. and again, that's irrelevant. it's only being mentioned because it happens to be a thought in seishirou's head.

...like all thoughts with y/n happen to be.

"mikage-san, nagi-san, you two didn't have to come along with me...," y/n mutters, and the silence that comes after makes it easy for seishirou to repeat his voice in his head. y/n puts the notepad and his hands together on his lap. his hands nearly hide the notepad as it's the size of seishirou's palm.

if he felt like yearning today, then seishirou would've imagined that was what it would be like to hold y/n's hand.

"but thank you, anyway," y/n mutters again,

there is comfort in silence and joy in talking with others. but seishirou thinks the mere presence of his friends can be both simultaneously.

seishirou wouldn't dare to seek more, as he is content as much as he is patient.