Chaptar 5- Showdown in Space

3rd POV (Space Colony Ark)

In the hangar, Rouge is talking to Topaz on the radio.

"Topaz, I'm transmitting my report now. Over." Rouge tells Topaz.

"Be careful, Rouge. That space colony is a dangerous place." Topaz warned over the radio. Something shakes and Rouge notices something in front of her.

Elsewhere, Sonic and Shadow are fighting each other. They ram into each other, causing a massive blast. Amongst the blast, Sonic notices a power ring.

"It's about time I fished this!" Shadow jumps into the air and fires Chaos Spears at Sonic. Sonic dodges them and grabs the power ring, catching Shadow's attention. Sonic then uses a spin attack to knock Shadow to the ground.

"Too bad. Now it's all over!" Sonic declared.

"We'll see about that." Shadow retorts with a smirk, getting on his knees. The Colony shakes against as Shadow gets up onto his feet.

"Maria, it's time!" Shadow yells as he leaves.

"Wait" Sonic calls out. He looks behind to see a timer counting down.

Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Lux, and Tanaka arrive at the Colony control center where Eggman is at.

"He tricked me! My own grandfather tricked me!" Eggman yelled, banging his first on the panel. The pedestal containg the Chaos Emeralds start to close

"The Chaos Emeralds!" Knuckles calls out. Eggman tries to reach them, but it's too late. The pedestal is closed. Suddenly, a video of an elderly man that look similar to Eggman chained starts to play.

"I declare a death sentence on all mankind. In 27 minutes and 53 seconds, ARK will crash into Earth. You and Earth will die together. When the seven Chaos Emeralds are gathered together, my plan for revenge begins. This program is irreversible. You stupid humans took away everything from me. I'll make you feel the same despair that I felt." The man declared.

"Do you have anything left to say?" a G.U.N Agent asks in the video, offscreen.

"No." the man replied coldly.

"Aim!" the G.U.N Agent ordered. The gang and Eggman watch in horror seeing the man shot to death multiple times, bloody.

"Who is that guy?" Amy asked.

"That is professor Gerald Robotnik. He was a scientific genius and my grandfather." Eggman answers. The video plays again and the Colony trembles.

"These tremors are getting worse by the minute!" Lux points out. Rouge appears at the control center walking to them.

"Soon it's going to get a lot worse. I just checked the colony's propulsion system. The computers are locked, so we can't reverse course. Looks like there's nothing we can do." Rouge explains.

"Grandpa, destroying a planet is one thing, but destroying your grandson is another." Eggman states in shock. Just then, Sonic appears.

"What going on here?" Sonic asks.

"If you came here for a showdown Sonic, forget it. Soon, we'll all be vaporized." Eggman tells Sonic.

"Come on, don't be such a quitter, Eggman. Maybe if we work together, we can out of this mess." Sonic says optimistically. Eggman takes out a laptop and start typing down as the video from Gerald Robotnik continues to play.

"When I hacked into the database on Prison Island, I found my grandfather's diary." Eggman reveals. He gives the laptop Sonic and Lux begins to read the diary online.