Chapter 8- Map of Mayhem

3rd POV (At the Thorndyke Mansion)

Tanaka practices using a samurai sword outside, while the TV plays the news inside.

"Naval authorities report that the research vessel Seahawk is missing at sea. Rescue teams are combing the area for its last known position. So far, there are no signs of the vessel. These pictures were taken two days ago when it left on its mission. Details of that mission are being kept secret, but sources tell SSTV that everything seemed to be going well until early this morning when the crew radioed to report heavy fog." Scarlet informs.

Inside the living room, Chris, Chuck, and Sonic are watching the news. Tails is playing a game of Jenga with Cream and Cheese. Lux  is in the bathroom showering.

"See? this is why I can't stand water." Sonic says to the others. Lux enters the living room, her fur still wet from the shower.

"You like it if it's in a glass. That's a start." Cream points out.

"Maybe the ship hit something after it went into the fog." Chris guessed.

"A ship like that has instruments that let it navigate through fog safely. There may be something else going on here." Chuck states.

"What do you mean, Grandpa?" Chris asks Chuck.

"What if the Seahawk’s disappearance wasn't an accident? Other vessels have encountered strange phenomena in that area. Perhaps we should take a yacht and have a look..." Chuck suggests.

"Does that mean you're going out on the ocean?" Cream asks.

"Yes, that's possible." Chuck replies. Creams as start to water as tears form.

"You're thinking that Emerl's down there somewhere. Don't worry, Cream we'll find Emerl one day." Lux reassures.

"Hey, Cream! I'm gonna go outside and pick a whole bunch of flowers. Wanna join me?" Sonic asks Cream." Sonic asks Cream with a wink.

"Sure! We can give them to my mom and Ella." Cream says happily as Cheese chirps.

At the White House

The President, Christina, the Director of Central Intelligence, Rouge, and Shadow are listening to a tape recorded from the incident.

"Mayday! May--" Topaz yelled over the radio, only for the radio to stop.

"Our rescue teams searched the entire area, but haven't found a single sign of the Seahawk or or its crew. How could a ship of that size disappear without leaving a trace?"  the President asks.

"Well, what if somebody made the ship disappear? If a ship was planning to steal a ship, he'd make sure not to leave any evidence behind that can clue in the cops. Maybe we have a robbery on our hands." Rouge guessed.

"I hope you're wrong, Rouge. That ship is packed with top-secret communications equipment that can easily tap into data from all our military satellites." the Director of Central Intelligence states.

"What's your point?" the President questions.

"Mr. President, if some maniac were to capture that ship, he'd have access to all the data in our defense network, and he could easily bring the entire country to it's knees!" the Director of Central Intelligence points out.

"Hm. I think I smell a rotten egg." said Rouge.

"Yes. It appears that the doctor is behind the disappearance of the ship." Shadow agreed.

"Eggman. I hate to say it, but you may be right, Rouge and Shadow. This is just the insane plot he'd come up with." the President admits.

At Eggman's ship