Chapter 10 - Sister Dear

Keira

"Can't we take a rest?"

My legs gave in as I lay down on the ground, my wolf snout on the tree's roots.

Elithíen sighs. "I'm sorry Keira. But I just have this certain feeling. It's neither good or bad. But it's strong."

I close my eyes. "Okay. Just give me a few minutes. We haven't got a good sleep for days..."

Leaves crunch beneath her as it seemed like she lowered herself down from her horse that also took its rest.

We've started walking even before midnight and now the sun is already peeking from the East, ready to mark a new day.

I lose my consciousness as images of Mirkwood clouded my mind.

A horn is heard from nearby and I jerk awake. So does Elithíen who jumps to her feet.

"Come on!" She jumps on Seragon who charges forward.

Sometimes it makes me wonder where she gets all her energy.

"What are you doing?!" I got on my feet and took off after her, fatigue still upon me. "It can be dangerous!"

"Of course it is. Since when did my life become 'not dangerous'?" She says not looking at me. "Besides, orcs have found their breakfast."

I growl as a huge group of orcs appears from afar, wrestling with another group of shorter individuals.

~~~

We were greatly outnumbered but such number of orcs didn't matter to witches like us.

Everything passed by like a blur. Orcs everywhere, burning, flying, dying, you name it. Every time her eyes flash blue, black blood is to be found.

The last of orcs flee and we were left with 13 dwarves looking at us with different emotions on their faces.

"Neiva!"

I look at Elithíen who hugs a younger looking lady.

The latter hugs back reluctantly.

They let go of each other and I realize that she was Namarie's other dwarf child.

"What are you doing out of Mirkwood?" She asks, slipping back her sword in its hilt.

"I've searched all over for you! I knew you'd be here!"

Elithíen's face ran damp with tears as she hugged her sister again.

"By the way, this is Keira. She's a close friend of mom."

Neiva smiles slightly and nods a 'hello' at me.

"Well go on Fili!"

A blonde dwarf was pushed towards Elithíen by his young best mate.

He staggers for a moment and takes a bow.

The Orioníle smiles and curtseys in the same way.

"We owe you our lives Milady." He says. "Fili at your service."

"And I to yours."

He barely reaches above her chest, a cheeky smile on his face.

A much older dwarf emerges from behind the trees, his sword drawn. A hobbit follows him afterwards.

"I believe we do not owe this elf..." Hate drips from every word. "...anything Fili. Stand back."

"But uncle!"