First Day

Hanni pov:

"Holy-..." One of the the makeup artists who had also just arrived began to say, catching herself before she actually swore. It took me a few seconds to peel my eyes off the angel to look in the direction of the makeup artist. Her jaw was slightly open. Looking around most of the other people also had the same reaction, not that I could blame them. I didn't quite remember him being that good looking but, for a lack of better words, he looked down right angelic at the moment.

"You're y/n? You're our new bodyguard? That can't be right, you're too pretty to be as dangerous as your résumé implies" my manager said taking a step towards him flipping through the bodyguard contract. y/n, so that was his name. I didn't bother committing the name in the contract to my memory earlier but it seemed impossible to forget that name now. Y/n smiled brightly which caused another wave of gasps from onlookers, "I'm not quite sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult" he said jokingly. Deciding that I was too curious about this situation to follow the text he sent me I stepped forward, "I think it's both" I said stopping in front of him "hello, nice to see you again" I said looking up.

Y/m looked at me as if I were a misbehaving child, but so briefly that I was probably the only one who noticed it, he played along almost instantly, "Nice to see you too, I'm glad it's under good circumstances" he said, a subtle reminder about our agreement in his greeting. He turned to face my manager, "I am your new bodyguard, I'll take the compliment about my looks, but wouldn't it be better for the introductions to be held indoors?". My manager nodded in agreement and was about to usher him in when he interrupted her, "I'll meet you guys inside, it looks like they need some help" he said pointing to the stage prep guys who seemed to be struggling with some barrels. "I don't think that's necessary, those barrels are really heavy they can handle it" my manager replied, but y/n simply breezed past her saying "ah I'll be fine". It looked like there was no stopping him. "Alright, let's go in" my manager said while ushering myself and my members into the recording studio.

"Unnie! How do you know that guy?" Haerin almost pounced onto me while asking. The rest of my members and my manager looked at me questioningly as well. Thinking on my feet I responded, "He was behind me in the queue the other day when I went out to buy drinks. He helped me pick up the bottles I dropped when the power went out. I recognised him from the cafeteria and we spoke for a while in the queue." My members just nodded slowly, while my manager spoke up, "no wonder he looked so familiar. He was that VIP guest from the other day." I was about to ask her whether he might have been there to discuss about the bodyguard thing the other day when Minji gasped, catching my attention.

"Manager unnie, didn't you say the prop barrels were heavy?" Minji said while pointing towards the entrance of the studio. Two of the prop handlers were stumbling around, struggling to carry one of the barrels. Following behind them, y/n walked steadily carrying two barrels in each hand. When he noticed us looking he raised one hand to wave, still holding the barrels and showing no signs of any struggle. All 6 of us stared in shock as the props team head came over to us, addressing our manager. "Where did you find that guy? He's carrying four of those barrels as if they're nothing, and he would have carried more if there were any." He asked shaking his head in disbelief. "H-he's the new bodyguard" shock making it hard for my manager to talk. Smiling, the prop head said "are you guys worried rhinos are gonna come after you or something?" And walked of still shaking his head.

Y/n pov

I wonder if I over did it, everyone is staring at me because I'm carrying these barrels. I should have pretended to struggle more. I followed the prop handlers to where they wanted the barrels and set them down. They thanked me for the help, and offered me some milk drinks. I bowed and accepted one, just not to be rude and wished them a good day. I decided to join newjeans and their manager to introduce myself. As I walked towards them, I heard another van pull up outside, excited chatter coming from inside the van. LE SSERAFIM must be here. I moved quickly, to get my introductions done, they'd probably be busy soon.