Chapter 2

Mitsuya lead you outside the school premises and you sat down on the swings of the nearby park where you cried in silence and talked about how much you loved him to Mitsuya who listened to you carefully.

"I understand that how you feel"
You looked at him and tried your best not to sob and asked "y-you do?"
"Mhm, there was this one girl I loved and well, she also turned me down for a boy she loved, but it was in the past, she probably doesn't even remember that confession anymore, we were children anyways, but luckily we managed to stay friends and still are"

"Oh" you looked back at the ground and wiped your tears
"How about i get you an ice cream? [Favourite flavour] Ice cream was your favourite right? I'll be right back"

He left you alone to get the ice cream from the stand which was at the entrance of the park.

You continued to thought about what just happened a few hours ago and felt more miserable every second.

"What if i didn't asked him out today? We would still be friends right?" You asked as soon as Mitsuya came back
"Y/N, c'mon now, it's okay, and Hakkai did said that he wish to stay as friends, here eat this"
You looked up at him and took the ice cream at which he gently smiled
"I think we should eat this while going home or else we would be late"
"Mhm" you agreed and grabbed your bag before getting up following Mitsuya outside of the park.

"Hey, Mitsuya, I know you probably won't agree to do this, but by any chance, could you try to set me and Hakkai up?... you're a good friend of both of us, I'm sure if you...if you try, he might agree!"

"Y/N- this isn't a good idea, he might feel uncomfortable-"
"Mitsuya please! You know about Hakkai more than me? Can't you please just tell me about the things he likes and I'll try my best to be the girls he likes!"

Mitsuya was taken aback at hearing this and stopped walking.
"Hm? What happened?" You stopped walking aswell and turned around to look at Mitsuya
"Y/N...why would you even want to change yourself? You're perfect the way you're, wouldn't it be better to just move on and find someone who would like you just the way you are?"

"But Mitsuya, I love him"

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at you in disappointment?

"Please Mitsuya, it'll make me happy anyways!" You continued to request, ignoring his buts until he finally gave in.

"Fine, just know that it's not what I'm willing to do but still doing because I want to see you happy....but if you chose to move on choose someone who would actually love you for being yourself, trust me, I would've been so much happier."