Simple

The fatigue from the day finally kicked in as Tyler dumped his equipment by his mattress. He sagged into his mattress and stared up at the ceiling. His head was still dull from the experience in the Bliss and all he was able to think about were two things. Firstly, why did the Father show him a giant mushroom cloud? What did it have to do with his Project? And secondly, Faith. She seemed so hesitant to even blow the Bliss into his face, it actually made him all the more confused. It was her job to use the Bliss to get what she wanted out of people. And out of all the people, Tyler felt as if he was one of the more valuable people for the cult to get their hands on. He also was surprised at the reaction she gave when he told her about the cultists at the Marina and at the Brewery, and then to tell him to eliminate the members who weren't faithful. Then again, why did she agree to it? Was there the possibility that Tyler managed to plant that seed of doubt in her head or did she want to remove the problem without dealing with it?those thoughts eventually put him to sleep. It was one of the better sleeps he'd had and it really showed just how tired and broken all this fighting had left him.

Tyler opened his eyes and the morning light was leaking through the cracks in the boarded up windows. He rolled off the mattress and looked around. He was the only one left in the cabin. His friends had all headed out for the day. This didn't bother him as an idea popped into his mind. He went to his gear and picked up his radio and called the Sheriff.

"Sheriff?" Tyler asked. "You there Sheriff?"

"Rook?" The Sheriff. "Everything ok partner?" His voice was calm and drowsy like Tyler's.

"Yeah, it's all good. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to head out onto Rock Bass Lake and just go fishing for a bit?" Tyler asked.

"As much as I appreciate the offer," the Sheriff said. "Don't you think we should be spending the day fighting off this cult?"

"That's exactly my point," Tyler explained. "We've been fighting this cult for god knows how long and I think we deserve a short break from all the action." There was a brief pause before the Sheriff responded.

"Yeah, you're right Rook. All this fighting... it'd be nice to take the nerves off for a bit. I'll meet you there now." He closed his channel and Tyler smiled. Today was going to be a good day.

The boat rocked slightly as Tyler leant back a bit to throw his line out far into the lake. There he waited a bit before slowly reeling it in until it was just close enough. He let his bare feet enter the water and he sighed as the cool feel of the Montana lake travelled across his lower legs. The Sheriff sat next to him and cast his line out into the lake.

"So, Tyler. How've things been going on?" The Sheriff asks him. Tyler reels his line in a bit more.

"It's been, rough, to say the least." Tyler says.

"Yeah, I feel you there kid." Whitehorse says. He chuckled slightly to himself. Tyler looks over at him and smiles.

"What's so funny?" Tyler asks. The Sheriff fingers the brim of his hat with his free hand and shook his head.

"It's sorta ironic if you think about it," the Sheriff said. "The Marshall was the one hellbent on arresting Joseph Seed and now he's stuck with Faith and he doesn't want to leave. To add to that, you came into this job as the Rookie Deputy. First day on the job, a hell of a first job, and now look at you."

"Yeah, I guess." Tyler said as he felt a small tug on the line. "My first time shooting a gun, and now I've shot a gun so many times I've lost count." Tyler felt the tug again and he yanked at the line to hook the fish and began reeling it in.

"You know something Tyler," the Sheriff says. Tyler shakes his head as he continued to wrestle with the fish. "This was gonna be my last job. I was gonna retire last year, never got around to it, so I handed in my paper last month. I thought I would be stuck with dealing with petty crime all my life. Never did I expect a doomsday cult in our backyard." Tyler got the fish all the way to the boat and after about 15 seconds of wrestling, he pulled the fish up and out of the water. It was a relatively decent size fish, so he decided to keep it and cut it loose before putting it in the bucket behind them.