Chapter 1: The Cheese Factory

Forrest P.O.V.

It was rainy again, as most days in Washington were. The cool, refreshing droplets on my dry skin renewed me and gave me hope that I just might get cheese today.

As I hopped through the small hole in the back of the factory, the uplifting aroma of all types of cheeses filled my nostrils, and gave me joy. Cheddar, Mozzarella, Gouda, Parmesan, Brie, Feta, and Colby-jack, mmmmmm...

I continued to hop through the factory, avoiding the heated places so as not to dry out my moistened skin.

There it was, right in front of me, the crimson door of Big guy. Big guy is scary. Just around that corner, was the small office of Little guy. Little guy was the nicest giant I have ever known, and that includes that little girl that caught me, gave me some bugs, and then set me free again. 

And that is because Little guy always gives me cheese. Always.

But I guess not today.

Little guy's chair was empty, and there was a little sign on his desk. I can't read very well, but it looks like it says, "OOO-NNN. VVV-AAA-CCC-AAA-SSHH-UUU-NNN" Huh. Wonder what that means. Oh no! That could mean that Little guy got fired! Ahhhhh!

As I hopped in circles, contemplating what could have happened to Little guy, something caught my eye.

It was the most beautiful frog I had ever seen in my entire life! Her skin was so smooth and shiny, it sparkled under the light. Her eyes were huge, and they lit up when she noticed I was staring at her.