Chapter 2 - All For Satisfaction

Falling down an infinite hole of nothingness is somehow quite the interesting experience, even if you were the one who made the hole in the first place.

That's what Sonic.exe was thinking to himself as he had been falling for quite a while now, "I should've expected Knuckles to show up.", He said to himself, sighing. "No matter. I'll get them eventually. All of them." A Demonic smile formed on his face as he teleported out of the hole.

...

After dashing for the past 20 minutes, Tails and Knuckles arrived back at the lab. They went inside, catching a break. However, they knew that Sonic.exe would find them soon. So they couldn't waste too much time there, "Okay, Tails. Do you know what happened to Sonic?", Knuckles asked the two tailed fox in front of him, who had been sitting on the couch nervously. "I-I already told you, I don't know!", Tails said with a loud voice. Knuckles sighed at this response, looking to the side. Tails continued talking, "The only thing I remember is how Sonic called me over to Green Hill because he wanted to show me something. But.. when I arrived...", "You didn't meet Sonic, did you?" Knuckles finished Tails' sentence. Tails nodded, confirming that he was correct. "There has to be way to find out what happened to him.. T-This doesn't make any sense!", Tails complained, now being frustrated. "I know, it doesn't." They both started thinking if there was any way to find out what truly happened with Sonic. For quite some time, there was silence, until, Tails had an idea, "W-Wait, I have something!", Knuckles instantly looked at him, ready to hear the fox out, "E-Eggman has cameras installed in Green Hill, right? We could ask him to if we could review the footage! And maybe find out what happened with Sonic!", Tails finished, still nervous, but at the same time glad that he had come up with an idea. "That.. could actually work.", Knuckles replied. Tails nodded, "So, I say we get the Tornado and fly to Eggman's base right now!", he didn't hesitate and got up, opening the back door and walking to where the Tornado was parked. Knuckles followed him, looking behind him to check if perhaps Sonic.exe was there.

Tails got in the Tornado, starting the engine as Knuckles went in the seat behind him. With no delay, Tails took off, heading towards Eggman's base.

...

Eggman was currently thinking of another plan to defeat Sonic, unaware of what was currently going on outside of his lair. "Sonic keeps defeating me, no matter what, he always wins.", He says to himself, "Perhaps, I can somehow built something so powerful, even his speed wont help him.", His thoughts and ideas were interrupted by a pop up on his computer. It read 'Main door has been breached.', As Eggman read the messages, he gritted his teeth, he assumed it was Sonic, so he got up and told his robots to eliminate the intruder.

Knuckles and Tails were fighting off multiple badniks who were attacking  them, just as Eggman had ordered. After a while of fighting, piles of scrap metal were starting to form as more and more badniks were getting destroyed. "Eggman, we need to talk to you! It's urgent!" Knuckles shouted, hoping that Eggman heard him. The Badniks eventually stopped attacking as the door in front of them opened, Eggman stepping out of it.

"What do you two rodents want? And where is Sonic, I still have unfinished business left with him.", he said, angrily. Tails stepped forward and cleared his throat, "We need your help.", Eggman raised an eyebrow and replied, laughing, "YOU need MY help? What makes you think I want to help you, huh?", The badniks were getting ready to attack again, and so was Knuckles, as he raised his fists. "No, we really do. Something horrible happened to Sonic.", Tails said, trying to sound intimidating. "And why should I care? That stupid furry did nothing but annoy me, I couldn't care less if something happened to him.", This respond from Eggman made Knuckles' anger meter rose. "He may be dead.", Tails was still trying to convince him, with no sight of him accepting. "I don't think I've expressed my previous statement well enough. I. Don't. Care.", This was enough for Knuckles. He now jumped in the air and landed on the floor, releasing a shockwave that send Eggman flying towars a wall. Groaning, he slowly stood up, "Why you little-", His badniks were now going towards Knuckles. "ENOUGH!", Tails shouted, gaining everyone's attention, "Eggman, there is something that wants to erase everyone, even you. He took over Sonic's body and almost managed to kill me.", This certainly brought Eggman into thinking as he looked away slightly, "Do you know what it is?", His gaze shifted to Tails, "I highly suspect that he's a Demon.", he answered. Eggman's eyes slightly widen as he proceeded to remove dust from his clothes. He looked at his badniks and nodded. They eventually left the hallway, "Follow me, you two.", He then walked into his Control Center, with his arms behind his back. Tails and Knuckles quietly followed.