Chapter 3 - The King

A sudden noise woke Tails up. As he looked around himself, he saw nothing but darkness. The only source of light was a small lamp above him, that's all. Smoke was circling around the dark space. The foxes expression quickly changed to a terrified one. 

"H-Hello?", He called out, hoping that a familiar voice will respond. Unfortunately for him, none did. In fact, no sound came back to him. He looked around, not daring to leave the light. Out of seemingly no where, strange noises grew from behind him. He didn't hesitate and turned around, witnessing the smoke slowly float to one point and forming something that Tails recognized. The body of a hedgehog. It absorbed the smoke and became much more visible, it was clear who that body belonged to. As the body finished forming itself, its eyes were still closed, Tails' eyes widen slightly, stepping back. 

Suddenly, its eyes opened, revealing red pupils. It was Sonic.exe. He smiled, revealing his sharp teeth. Tails' gaze was too focused on him so extremely that he didn't notice other bodies forming behind him, "Why don't you turn around, fox?~", The Demon said, his voice slightly glitchy. 

The fox hesitantly turned around, his anxiety building up more as he saw bodies of others. Including, Knuckles, Amy, Cream and Rouge. They all had blank eyes, not moving an inch. A glitched giggle made Tails turn around as he saw that Sonic.exe was now smiling devilishly. The air got tighter as he spoke.

"Wherever you go, wherever you hide, I will always find you, Tails.", His tone sounded a lot darker and menacing than before. Then, everyone around him spoke together as blood started dripping from their eyes ,

"I will find you."

"I will find you."

"I will find you."

"I will find you."

"I will find you."

"I will find you."

...

Tails woke up, gasping as he looked around himself. 'Was that a Dream? No, it wasn't, It felt to real', Tails thought. He looked around and saw Knuckles sleep a few meters away from him. His memory caught up as he remembers how they got here. Tails sighed, exhausted. He definitely couldn't sleep anymore. Thoughts of the recent events flooded his mind. If Sonic wouldn't have left, maybe this all could've been prevented, but, there's no point complaining about that. Though, he knows, Sonic would want him to keep going and keep as many people as he could save. 

Another sigh escaped his mouth, burying his face against his legs. He didn't realize that tears were running down his cheeks. All he wants is this Madness to end.

"Tails? Why are you up so early, are you okay?", Knuckles' voice startled Tails a little as he raised his head and shook it afterwards, "N-No, I don't wanna do this anymore, Knux.", His voice was shaky. Knuckles sighed, he didn't know how to comfort Tails but he wanted to at least give it a shot. So he moved next to him, "Tails, listen to me.", he began, "I know how hard this is for you, but all of us are affected by this. We don't know what or how it happened, but, we can't give up. Sonic wouldn't want this, we need to continue and find Shadow. Only then we have a high chance of beating that Demon and perhaps freeing Sonic.", he finished, smiling slightly. 

Tails sighed, his tears slowing down as he returned the smile, "I guess-- I guess you're right, thank you." Knuckles petted the fox and stood up afterwards,