Chapter 4 - The Fires Await

The Air was tight, the wind blowing leaves around was the only thing keeping the silence away. And yet, the situation was more tense than it could ever be. Amy's decision to fight the Demon was fatal, and will yet show the mistake she did, or will it?

Upon hearing Amy's response, Sonic.exe's expression slightly shifted to a surprised one, "Oh?~ You really think you can take me?", In response, Amy scoffed and rolled her eyes, "I said what I said.", She stated, sounding as clear as possible. Sonic.exe narrowed his eyes, his expression changing again. He then proceeded to push Cream on the ground with force, wounding her in the process. This only made Amy even more angry. "What are you waiting for? Come to me~". Amy's anger took over her ability to think properly. And with such, she grabbed her piko piko hammer and ran at EXE, jumping in the air and flying down on him. To her surprise, he teleported away, making Amy land on the ground and look around. A Ding sound was heard, and without Amy realizing it, he was already behind her and grabbed her by her neck, choking her. "I've expected more of you.", he said, sounding disappointed. Amy struggled to get free but she eventually managed to and slammed her hammer into EXE's face, sending him into the grass.

Amy was breathing heavily, she knows she can't beat him, so she has to think about a plan to get out of here. Her gaze went to Cream. She was traumatized in every way possible, "Cream, listen to me, okay?", Cream nodded, shakingly, "You need to go, run, as far as possible. Find Tails and the others, please.", Cream responded with a nod, "O-Okay.", Although Cream was wounded, she could run, and did so. Once she stood up, she ran, faster than she ever did.

As She ran out of Amy's sight, Amy turned back to where she send Sonic.exe flying, but.. he wasn't there. "Where'd he go?", Amy kept her guard up at all cost. Then, out of seemingly no where, a portal opened in front of her. She took a few steps back and saw.. someone stepping out of it. It wasn't Sonic.exe, but who was it? His voice send chills down Amy's spine as her fear grew further. 

"Hello, Amy Rose.", His voice was as cold, emotionless, and yet, a menacing look. Amy had to calm herself down, she tried to speak in a calm voice, "Who.. are you? Where did that.. Demon go?", She asked. X chuckled, as suddenly, fire started rising from everywhere around her, the trees, grass, everything. Even the sky was burning, screaming in agony. Amy's expression was consumed even more with fear, "W-What's happening?!", X smiled, tilting his head as his eyes turned completely black, "Your efforts were useless, you lost. Your soul belongs to me now.", Amy's eyes widened, and without her realizing it, X opened his mouth widely, so wide in fact that an arm came out of it, grabbing Amy and ripping her head off, the last thing heard was a loud scream from her.

...

Metal, Tails and Knuckles were still walking, hoping to reach the hidden place Eggman hid from them, that could potentially help them defeat EXE. "How long do we have walk for, Metal? We've been walking for ages!", Tails stated, his legs getting tired. Metal responded in his usual metalic voice, "Not that long.", Knuckles sighed, "I really hope it's worth it..", After more walking, Metal stopped at a cliff, staring down at it. Tails and Knuckles walked next to him, wondering what he's looking at, "And, are we there?", after an unusual pause, Metal responded, "No. But I sense something in the distance, something not in place.", Tails raised an eyebrow, "Not in place?...", Metal looked back up and continued to walk, keeping an eye on the forest below the cliff, "We must hurry, come on.", Both Knuckles and Tails looked at each other in confusion but decided to ignore it, following Metal once again.

...

Cream was still running. She was tired, but couldn't stop, she heard a quiet, yet hearable scream. She needs to continue running, and never stop. The trees she was running by looked all the same, but she couldn't focus on that. She then saw a figure in the distance, and stopped running and jumped into a nearby bush, peaking out of it with her eye to see who it was. She heard quiet footsteps, and in her small field of view, she saw EXE, standing there, "You're boring me little Cream, come out already. I promise I won't hurt you~", Cream wasn't stupid so she knew he was lying. EXE sighed and continued walking by, Cream watched him closely until he walked out of her Field of view.

Meanwhile somewhere far, far away.

"Do you think they'll come after us too?", Rouge questioned, hear wings keeping her in the air. Shadow, standing with crossed arms, turned his head to her, and spoke in a cold tone, "Yes, but we'll be prepared. We have something they don't.", Shadow turned his head to the Master Emerald they stole, Rouge's expression turned into a smug, "I still haven't got a thank you for getting this beauty~", Shadow's responded was a simple scoff. Rouge giggled, staring at the Master Emerald. "Shouldn't we help the others?"

"No. At least not yet."

"Let the Demon's think they have the upper hand in this war."

"We will strike, and when we do, they will be erased."

Words: 918

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh~ you just don't quite get it, do you? This.. childish obsession with my being.. You do realize flattery won't save you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologize for this short chapter. And for me not updating in weeks, sorry!