Chapter 16

Just to warn, this chapter contains some scenes of torture, if you are not comfortable, please don't read them. See the end for a quick summary! Happy reading everyone!!

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maximoff did what now?" Stephen asked, clearly shocked at the change of events as he and Toni walked through the corridors of Avengers Compound, their destination the girl whom the pair saved.

"It's weird, she is not herself, her powers have increased somehow, immensely, I must add. That is why I was hoping if I could take your help." Toni added, as she opened the door to the medic, where Stephen was surprised to see Harley and Peter sitting beside a small girl who couldn't be much older than 10.

"See, America, Miss Stark and Doctor Strange is here, no one can harm you now." Peter spoke softly, smiling at the kid as he motioned towards them. Toni smiled to herself, moving near the kids.

"Stephen!" Toni's voice made him look at her.

"Hmm?"

"America here wants to thank you for saving her." The girl smiled shyly at him, before turning her head back to Toni, leaning towards Peter.

"I am happy to help." He answered back, as he moved to the girl, observing how she was shy, actually afraid.

"Are you fine?" Toni asked, her tone friendly, making the girl nod.

"I am good." The girl answered back, flashing a smile.

"The bad monster is dead?" the girl asked, looking up at Stephen, who gave a nod, making the girl beam.

"Do you know what it was?" Toni asked, sparing a glance towards Stephen, before turning back to America.

"He wanted to capture me." The girl answered back, now looking nervous, her eyes sought Stephen, and Stephen suddenly felt as if the girl was asking him a silent question.

What was going on?

"Why did he want to hurt you?" This time it was Stephen, and America sighed, jerking her head towards the window.

"You are Doctor Strange, right?" She asked instead. Stephen nodded.

"My name is America Chavez, and it was you, who told me why these monsters were chasing me." The girl answered.

"I am sorry, but I don't recall meeting you." Stephen spoke, too confused at the moment. Why was he feeling this was a much bigger mess than he was ready for.

"Because it wasn't you that I met, but a version of yours." Chavez answered, now staring straight into his eyes.

"Another version?" Harley spoke, confused. "Does the Doctor wizard have a twin or something?"

"You are not from this universe, are your?" Stephen's question made everyone stop, before three questions and an answer were shot at him.

"Multiverse?"

"Is Multiverse real?"

"There are other Strange?"

"No, I am not."

"Yes, multiverse is real, and yes, there are different versions of each of us." Stephen answered with a roll of his eyes, while America looked quite amused at all the things happening around her. "Now, the important question is, how did you manage to enter our universe?" The sorcerer Supreme asked.

"And what ability of yours is making these monsters chase you?" Toni completed his question, looking at the girl.

"I have the ability to travel across the multiverse, without causing any incursion." The girl answered, frowning at the word that she said at last, as if she herself wasn't aware of what it meant. Stephen merely stared at her with wide eyes. Perhaps this was a greater threat than Thanos.