28

ANNTONIA'S POV

As soon i was inside the cabin, i let the tears free.

My chest is so heavy, so were my eyes from all the emotions i've been holding the whole time.

I was just so happy like three hours ago and then lost in just a second.

I chuckled humorously as the scene at the cockpit dining area flashes in my head once more.

The surprise that i have only known just minutes ago that my parents and Hans are friends.

And the bomb that my mom just exploded in Hans face that i am already engaged.

I should be happy as finally i got my revenge but seeing her ocean blue eyes carrying so much emotions, my heart aches.

I knew she was just prentending to be stoic in front of us but i knew her too well.

Again, the thought of getting my revenge by accepting Irfan's proposal makes me want to celebrate but i couldn't.

I couldn't feel any happiness inside me, that i finally engaged to a man who has been there for me for the past three years.

The tears keep streaming incessantly. I felt like there's no point in living anymore.

I feel empty, like a part of my body has long gone.

I knew i will never get over her. Never.

"Why can't i be happy?" I murmured and chuckled lightly like a lost soul while wiping my nonstop tears.

"Happiness comes after the tears." I heard my mom's voice and i quickly wiped my tears and immediately sat upright.

She was standing on the door frame of the cabin watching me with the confusion in her eyes.

"Mom." I forced a smile and i could see the bitterness underneath that smile for me.

She walked towards the bed and sat at the edge pulling me into her arms.

"What's the problem, honey? Is there something bothering you?" I looked at mom again through the tears.

"Mom, why i couldn't feel the happiness in my heart? I should be happy that i finally engaged to Irfan but why the emptiness engulfed me?" I cried out and mom hugged me tightly.

"Is it because of Hans?" She asked and i suddenly looked at her dumbfounded.

How did she know about it?

"Of course i know everything about you, Ann. You're my daughter." She said as if she heard what's in my thoughts.

"You're on the news in Denmark as well as the entire Europe. And your dad's brother informed us about the photos in Hans penthouse." Mom added as she keeps rubbing on my back.

I didn't know all of these news.

And it freaks me out because i thought mom was the last person to atleast know about us but i was wrong.

"I'm sorry mom." The only words that comes out from my mouth.

"Do you love her?" She asked.

"No, of course not." I blurted out, making her convince i was telling the truth but my voice betrayed me.

"Of course you are. You wouldn't cry everynight after you arrived from El Salvador and even mumbling nonstop of her name if you're not." She said smiling while i was so shock of her revelation.

So all along, mom was watching over me while i was alone in my room, crying until i fall into sleep?

"So what's your plan? That you are now engaged with Irfan?" The question of mom made me want to just bury alive.