38

HANS POV

I woke up with the annoying ringing of my phone. I took it from the nightstand table not bothering to check who the caller was.

"Speak!" I snapped exasperatedly, massaging my temple.

I just came back last night from Los Angeles and it took me 2 weeks there before flying back home.

I was dead tired and even forgot to drop by at my son's as what i have promised him.

I haven't slept for days trying to get the hotel's problem done.

And this caller just broke my peaceful sleep that i never had in a long time.

"Koch." A raspy voice suddenly woke me up completely and i sat up straight.

No one would ever call me KOCH unless it's the someone whom i know very well.

I suddenly felt my hands trembled.

It's been 9 months since i left Phuket and the whole time, days, i haven't stop thinking about her.

But her rejection hurt me that i didn't realize i had lost on tracks in business for months.

I only realized i was not in myself anymore when Cheryl confronted me, telling me that our son had told her that he was scared of me because of my behavior.

I visits him drunk and there were sometimes i raised my voice at him for being so loud.

And that's the reason why Cheryl forbid me to visit and see our son unless i will sober up myself and get on my feet again.

It took me almost two months before she finally allow me to see our son after i went to therephy and got myself back.

I didn't realize i was not just hurting myself for the rejection from Anntonia but i was also hurting my son.

And now that i am already fine and accepted the fact that Anntonia wasn't for me, the ghost from the past, haunts me again.

"Ann?" I murmured, feeling the tingles courses through my blood and i realized i missed her so much.

She sounded like she just cried and somewhat petrified.

"Are you crying?" I asked worriedly.

I really wanted to hold and comfort her.

I could feel how she feels right now and i couldn't do anything.

I wasn't in Thailand.

"Help me." She whispered in a hoarse voice.

All my nerves suddenly woken up the moment she said those words.

"Ann, where are you right now? I'm coming to get you. Wait for me, okay?!" I said uncomprehendingly and immediately stood up walking outside of my bedroom.

"Kate, call Aisiah to prepare the plane. We're going to Thailand right now!" I ordered Kate who was working in the living room and when i checked the time, damn! It's past noon already.

"What?! No! Don't go there. I'm in Paris right now." Ann's voice suddenly in high pitch.

Ohh! I thought she's in Bangkok.

"You're here?" I exclaimed, realizing what she had said.

I immediately signaled Kate to prepare my car while i was still on the phone.

"I'm here at the Louvre Museum. I have been robbed and all my important belongings inclu--"

"I'll be there in a few minutes. Wait for me there okay? Where exactly are you?" I asked her and ran to the elevator.

After she gave me her exact location, i immediately drove off to the museum.

Whoever robbed her, he'll surely gets my wrath!

He thinks i would just slip this fucker to just get away from his crime? Wait and see!

My hands were trembling with anticipation thinking of seeing her again from not having a glimpse of her for almost a year now.

Even on social media, i have stopped stalking her.

I haven't heard a news of her although my sister sometimes asked me about her.

The last time i heard about her was when Avery told me, they both took a 5 day vacation in Maldives.

I stopped stalking her on social media because i didn't want to add more suffering just by looking at her photos.

They said, there are plenty of women flocking over me but i only want her, Anntonia Porsild.

And thinking of her getting married to a football player, makes me want to just die alone instead.

And the universe is maybe playing me right now.

Or the creator had another plan for us to be reunited once again.

Reunited in a most inconvenience situation to be honest.

I never thought Ann is here in Paris, the worst part was, she got robbed.

And i would surely kill whoever had the balls to rob her in a public places.

I decided to call my right man to review all the cctv footage of Louvre Museum and locate whoever the robber was!

"Yes! Bring him to me once you found that bastard! And make sure to get the things back that he had stolen. I need them!" I said and ended the call.

I parked my car not far from the museum and climbed out the car.

I heaved a deep breath, composing myself first before walking to the telephone booth where Anntonia was waiting.

I was only wearing a white pajama and a flipflops.

I even forgot to wear a shirt.

Jesus! I felt like i have been eaten by those eyes who were watching me as i passed them.

"Damn it!" I murmured under my mouth and immediately half running.

After few seconds, i stopped walking as i already spotted her standing inside the booth.

She's crying.

"Ann." I called her attention.

Her head immediately snapped at my direction and once she saw me, she immediately went out of the booth, running to my direction and jumped onto me, hugging me tightly as she also cried on my shoulder.

"Sssh it's okay, everything's okay." I sofly mumbled and hugged her back.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you. I have no one i could think of to ask for help here but you." She mumbled under her sob.

"Sssh, it's okay now. Lets go to get you a rest for now. You look so tired." I said and lifted her carrying her in a bridal style and walked back to my car.

Once i finally put her on the passenger seat, i drove off the area and went back to my penthouse.

I occasionally glanced at her direction as she was just silent throughout the drive.

It was a defeaning silent like we're afraid to open up a conversation.

"Koch, can you bring me to the hotel where i'm staying?" She asked in a low tone.

"I'll take you back there when i get your things back, Ann." I answered causing her to look at me in surprise.

She was looking at me like i was joking.

"I have my men working on it. So don't worry about it." I said, answering her thoughts.

"Thank you." She said in a whisper and i nodded as my response.