- 𝘣𝘦𝘵

𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲: Randomme1237

"Bet."

You almost let a laugh slip at your silly little bet. Sure, your husband's great with your daughter, but spending an entire day together without you? There's no way he can manage. His lips are curved into a smug smile as your daughter rushes into the room, her tiny feet padding along the wooden floorboards.

"Mommy, Mommy, look!" She holds up a daisy she just picked from the garden.

You chuckle and let your mouth drop open in awe. She squeals at your reaction, running to your side.

"Why don't you show Daddy, hmm?" Robin crouches beside her.

She shakes her head, scowling. "No! It's for Mommy!"

You glance at your husband, giggling at the way his smile drops. Now you're the one with the smug grin.

"Hey, sweetheart, Mommy has some errands to run. Can you stay with Daddy today?" You cock your head, kneeling next to her small figure. She doesn't answer, instead tucking the daisy messily into your hair.

After a moment of silence, Robin pipes up again. "Why don't we go to the park, cariña? We can get ice creams too?"

Your daughter's eyes light up but she looks back at you expectantly.

"That's a good idea, right?" You convince, giving your husband a chance. You know he won't last though. Slowly, she nods, albeit a little disappointed you won't be joining them. "Go get ready then, baby."

She rushes back out the door and up the stairs to change. You look to Robin, who's staring after your daughter with an adorable grin on his face. Even though you're clearly the favorite parent, he holds an unimaginable amount of love for her.

"I'll see you later then, hmm?" You pull Robin in by the neck of his sweater to press a kiss to his cheek. He nods when you pull away, nothing but adoration in his eyes. You resist the urge to kiss him again as the sound of your daughter stumbling down the stairs echos out. "I better go before she stops me."

With that you grab your keys and quickly rush out the door, just before your daughter can see you.

୨୧

It's been several hours since you left the pair together, and it's beginning to worry you that you haven't even received a text from your husband. Surely by now he's given up? Maybe they're actually having fun. The thought warms your heart as much as the worry gnawing away at you cools it.

As if hearing your anxiety, an excited voice screams out behind you.

"Mommy!"

Before you've even turned all the way, your daughter's gripping onto your leg, her hair in two braided pigtails. They're new.

"Hey, baby!" You quietly sigh in relief to see she's fine. "How's your day been?"

"I missed you!" She squeals as you lift her into your arms, cradling her against your chest. Although she's no longer a baby, you never grew out of the habit of holding her like this.

"I missed you too, sweetheart."

She smiles and nuzzles her round face into your chest. You giggle as Robin finally stands beside you.

"Daddy did my hair and got me ice cream! I wish you were there too." She says, waving her hands about.

You glance from her tiny face to your husband's. He looks pretty proud of himself. "He did a good job! Your hair's very pretty. Almost as pretty as you!"

She giggles. "Yes! But you do it better, Mommy."Robin may be offended, but he can't deny her words. Then you remember the time.

"Y'know...it's not been a full 8 hours yet." You tease, knowing you've won the bet.

He grins but rolls his eyes, leaning down to press a kiss to both yours and your daughter's foreheads. "Oh well. 6 hours was enough. Plus, I think she might love me just a little more now. You better watch out before I become the favorite."

You laugh loudly, whisking your daughter around, to start running away. She squeals and giggles, her eyes shining. "Never!" You call, matching your daughter's laughter.