encouragement to coming out | ComfortLunar xTransReader

Lunar sat up against one of the play structures in the daycare, tossing a colorful ball up in the air and catching it, over and over.

I approach lunar, leaning back against the play structure and slowly sliding down to the ground beside him.

"Oh uh, hi." Lunar said softly, catching the ball and then throwing it again in the air.

"Hi." I reply quietly, fiddling with the hem of my shirt as I glance over at lunar.

"Do you uh, do you need something?" Lunar asked, continuing to play and toss the plastic ball

"Oh, right." I clear my throat, letting go of my shirt as I rest my hands in my lap. "I just wanted to ask you something."

"Hm? What is it?" Lunar asked softly, tilting their head to look at you, and waiting for you to continue.

"So, do you think everyone would be chill if I were to.. Come out as trans?" I look over at lunar, worry and hope both etched into my expression.

Lunar paused for a brief moment before nodding. "Hm... well, it might be a little hard to come up with the courage to tell them at first but I think everyone will accept you for who you are once, and if you do. After all, you being comfortable with who you are, that's what's really important. and is all that matters. " They said with a small smile and encouraging nod.

I smiled back at lunar, feeling my worry wash away in that moment. "Thank you, lunar." I say appreciativly before letting out a soft sigh "Sorry for just randomly coming up to you with this.."

"It's fine, really. Honestly, it takes a lot of courage to come out, I'm glad you did." Lunar said with a soft grin. They caught the ball as it fell from the air, and then tossed it back up gently. "and, I'm happy to be the first person you come to with it. it makes me relieved to know you trust me like that, ya' know?" he added.

"Yeah." I nodded slightly, looking down at my hands and going back to playing with my shirt as I tapped the tips of my shoes together.

"So! Do you have other people you plan to tell?" Lunar asked, keeping his voice soft and slow, so as not to make you nervous. He had noticed you seemed a bit uneasy, and tried to make sure he didn't add anymore stress to your situation.

"I do, I'm planning to tell solar and earth first, probably. They're the next first people I trust the most. I do trust sun and moon, a lot. But its something about you three that just brings me comfort.." I explain.

Lunar listened to you as you spoke, seeming surprised that he's one of your top trusted people. "Really?" Lunar asked softly, smiling even though you couldn't see it. He tossed his ball to his other hand again, catching it and turning it around in his hands. "That's... honestly nice to hear." He admitted.

I smiled. "Well, I'm glad. do you think you could help me with coming out to Earth and Solar? You don't even have to help me, you can just be there. Your presence would be just enough to help me, really."

"Oh, of course I'll help you." Lunar said softly, letting out a soft hum before smiling. They tilted their head to the side slightly and spoke again. "if you want I, solar and earth could take you out shopping for anything you want incase you feel like it'll help you feel more like your true self." he offered.

"Thanks again, lunar." I sigh contently.

Lunar shrugged. "No problem, I want you to be as comfortable with who you are, as possible. And I'll do anything to help with that." Lunar's eyes seemed to have a soft shine to them, as they smiled softly, looking at the ball in their hand.