11

The demon had hit vital areas on Nezuko's body, yet she still fought. But she was frozen now. Not because of wounds or fatigue. The demon had gotten the box.

"Hmm? What's got you so hung up over a box? What's in here?" Nezuko had looked down. The demons face was close to the box, the door creaked open slightly, peaking her curiosity. "Hmm?" A leg bolted out a blew her head off. She had dropped the box and Tanjiro scurried over to his sister. "Thank you Onii-Chan... but I need you to let me do this on my own, kay?" His eyes showed his hesitation but he let her go to the regenerating demon.

She lifted her sword as its head regrew and slashed at it. It raised its arm and red veins covered it. Pain blazed through the hand that held the katana and she nearly dropped the weapon.

"Try and kill me!" It said as it held its hand out. The red faded to black and the demon art spread through Nezuko's body. She felt drops of blood poor from her mouth, but forced herself to stand and lifted her arms. "I will succeed!" She went strait for the demon and tried to cut its head off again. She made quite a deep cut on its neck. But the adrenaline she was experiencing was driving her to go on.

The demon held its neck. "Nighty night~!" It yelled as it gave her an uppercut. She was knocked out cold, before she saw a glint of light from the sky.

When she woke up Tanjiro's box was next to her. He must have put it there before the sun rose completely. As she sat up, she felt the effects of the blood demon art disappear. The sun was to thank for that.

Nezuko picked up her brother's box and flinched from the soreness in her arms and torso. She remembered how she failed to kill the demon. It would kill even more humans until it's brought to its death. How she hated herself for that.

The crow instantly yelled at her, to get to her next destination for her mission. She covered her ears and groaned. "Can I please have a break, Matsuemon?" She asked, but he pecked her head as a sign of saying no. "Okay, okay! Just give me a minute!" She stretched her arms out, trying to get rid of the aching.

Yeah, that didn't work very well for her. Her hip ended up getting a cramp (like mine-) and it hurt like hell when she lifted her leg. "OW OW OW!" She put pressure on her hip and her crow kept pecking at her forehead. "Kaw kaw! Mission with Mitsuri Kanroji!" Nezuko's eyes lit up when she heard the familiar name. "Why didn't you start with that?! Lead the way!"

She started following her crow. It took her several hours to spot the vibrant pink and green hair, and the white haori. She called out her name and was met with those emerald eyes. "Nezuko-Chan! I'm so glad to see you and Tanjiro!" They smiled at each other and Tanjiro huffed in the box when he heard his name. "Hi Tanjiro!" She said in her cheery voice. He let out a muffled noise, it sounded happy. "I'm glad to see the two of you are doing okay! And sorry about Shinazugawa, he loses his temper at times." She slowly rubbed the back of her neck.

Nezuko gave a look of disgust at the man's name. She didn't like him, in fact that was an understatement. She despised him. "Don't hate him! If he knew Tanjiro like you do, he wouldn't have done that!" She could hear the obvious lie, but still forced a smile. "Yeah!" The girls laughed, and Nezuko's crow pecked her head. "Okay, okay! We'll get going... jeez..." She rubbed her temple as Mitsuri giggled. "Kaw!" She glared at her crow. "Maybe we should get going." She said in a sharp tone.

"Yeah, don't want the demon to get away!" The girl started running after the two crows, and Nezuko followed after. The girls made jokes and caught up while running. Nezuko was surprised that she saw her brother, and Mitsuri in her missions. She thought she would hardly see either unless injured horrifically. She grinned at the thought, she would cure her brother before getting hospitalized.

The mission went quite fast with Mitsuri. But Nezuko was quite surprised to see the girls sword. More of a ribbon in her mind, but one slash at the neck and the demons were killed. It definitely had distance, Nezuko dodged the blade before being slashed by mistake. When Mitsuri checked on the girl she was amazed.

"That was amazing Kanroji!" She cheered for the girls excellence. "Really! Thanks!" Nezuko nodded. People stared in shock at the actions of the two. Nezuko looks at a man who she thought looked familiar, but she couldn't place her finger on it. In fact, she felt like this place was familiar but she'd never been here.

"Hey Nezuko, do you wanna get some food? I'm starving!" The multi color haired girl asked. Nezuko nodded, feeling starved herself. She knew Mitsuri had a large appetite, so either way she would have said yes.

Mitsuri ordered a shit ton of food, as expected. She did pay her own way but Nezuko was dumbfounded by how fast the girl ate. She didn't eat much, as she felt eyes on her. She assumed it was the uniform, but Mitsuri wasn't having the same problem, from what she could tell. It might have been another demon, so she was quite stiff.

__________________________________
Now it's time for a Taisho era secret!

The age gap in this au between our main squad (you'll see) is 15 (Nezuko), 16 (Kanao), 16, (Shinobu), 17 (Mitsuri)