F O U R

(Unedited)
It was not long after we had decided to go through a field instead of following the tracks. I was still half asleep it felt like and I felt like just closing my eyes and sleeping against a tree. Instead I kinda just walked behind. Every once and a while someone would look back almost as if they where making sure I didn't pass out.

Soon enough I caught up and walked next to Chris. The ground got muddy and made us walk slower. I was looking at my feet almost the whole time. "did you fall asleep again!"teddy obnoxiously laughed while shaking me bit.

"I wish." I said I wasn't paying attention but when I looked up I saw all the water and thought how to get around it. Everyone walked over anyways and stopped when we where chin deep.

"great." I mumble walking as fast as I can. That's when everyone started dunking each other except for me and Gordie. It was kind of amusing and funny seeing them dunk each other.

"where do you think your going?" Chris says to us, he smirks and moves closer as if he is about to attack me.

"Chris,"is say laughing and backing up."I swear to god if you tackle me-" they all jump towards me and Gordie but I jump out of the way. I run out and laugh at them. I look down at my feet and screamed "LEECHES!!" i was wearing short shorts so I pulled them off easy and i got them off my back too. I had barely on me and I was in luck.

I kinda turned my back to them because it was awkward and when it got quiet I looked around to see him on the ground fainted with blood on his hand. He didn't have blood on his legs arms or body so that only meant one thing. I covered my mouth, "oh my god." I say.

We all ran up to him and hovered over him. He finally opened his eyes, "Gordie?" I say as he looks around. "are you okay?" I add I felt supper bad about what happened.

Luckily I didn't have to take any of my clothes off and I waited for the guys to put their clothes on I leaned up against a tree and rested for we still had to a little ways to go.

They where arguing... Again. I hate it when they argue some walk up joining the conversation hoping to get them to stop. "C'mon guys if he doesn't want to go then we can leave and you can keep going without us Teddy." I explained but they didn't listen my hand was on my head looking down almost the whole time they fought, I couldn't break it up. I was weak.

"Stop it!!" Gordie yelled. We all froze we didn't know what to say. "I'm not going back." he says walking away, we all followed him and made it to our destination, "Teddy Vern and Jen you look on that side, me and Gordie will look on the other. "Chris said.

It was only a minute after he said that Vern said"Look! I see him he's right there I see him!" we all ran to Vern and there he laid, we were all speechless. We couldn't believe our eyes, there laid the body of ray brower.

We all walked down and pulled the leaves off of him. I was speechless about the whole time Gordie sat on a log and mumbled something to Chris. I knew right away to give them space, Vern and teddy went left past Chris and Gordie and I went right. I could still hear Gordie talking about Denny and I moved farther for if I heard about a lost brother like mine I knew I would break down as well.

But it was too late I couldn't stop thinking about my brother Austin. 'please come home' I whispered to myself letting one and only one tear slide. "my little brother!" I heard my cousin eyeball say I cursed under my breath a little walking towards Chris out from behind the bushes."And my cousin!" he looked at me shocked.

"well wont you look at this." ace chuckled. I rolled my eyes and more of the Cobras came walking down.

"Vern you little son of a whore! You was under the porch!" billy said as Vern raised his hands up.

"it wasn't me I swear!" Vern said before running away Gordie had walked off as well and I was still behind Chris.

"Alright chambers you little faggot this is your last chance, what do ya say?" ace said there was a small pause.

"why don't you go home and fuck your mother some more." Chris said, ace pulled out a knife and pointed it at him.

"your dead." he said slowly walking towards him.

"c'mon Chris he has a knife!" teddy said.

"they're not taking him." Chris answered.

"c'mon Chris lets go." teddy repeated.

"they aren't taking him." he said again.

"ace c'mon, " eyeball said wide eyed he couldn't believe what was happening.

"shut up!" ace said.

"Ace I swear to god, Put the knife down!" I said.

"your gonna have to kill me ace." Chris says with a small crack in his voice.

"no problem." he said jumping to put to the knife to his throat put be was stopped by the sounds of a gun shot.

"Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood." Gordie says aiming the gun at ace.

"where gonna get you for this." ace says.

"maybe you will and maybe you won't" Chris says as they walk away.

As we walked home many thoughts raced through our minds but we barely spoke. We arrived at castle rock a little bit past 5:00 on a Sunday, the day before labor day.

"well... See you in school." Vern said.

"see ya in junior high." teddy added as they both walked different directions to their houses, me, Chris, and Gordie walked to the tree house. As Gordie and Chris said goodbye I slowly walked before Chris did, we waved one last time before getting to the house.

After a couple of days I went back home and didn't talk to the boys that whole year other than saying him as they walked through the halls and waving to them every morning. I even barely spoke to my own cousin. But this is only the beginning of the story.