Chapter I

Sals pov

Me and the gang(🤓) are investigating the Bologna as it tastes and smells funny. Ash went off with Todd to help him find out what's inside it,experimenting on it. Larry went to get kim's file and I'm exploring, trying to find evidence or something like that, I honestly am just bored and I have nothing to do.

I step into the boys bathroom, hearing a crying sound halt as I step in.. weird.. as I attempt to walk over to where the crying sound was I kicked something ;a piece of paper; crunched up in a ball near the bin(or gArBaGe or TrAsH🙄) I bend down and pick it up,unrambling it gently as I hold it with two hands like it's the most fragile thing I've ever held.I begin to read the strange poem like note..

I know we don't really know eachother and you probably have your opinions of me, I thought maybe if I told you how I feel things could be different. the truth is I can't stop thinking about you,I'm crazy about you, I think you're amazing! But I know these feelings that I have are wrong, it's not the way a boy should feel. shame swallows me whole just writing these words, my father would kill me but I can't live in his shadow forever. I just..#########

I gasp at the amazing and heartfelt words I read on the paper. The words sweet yet saddening, The handwriting neat and cursive, I fold up the paper and put it in my pocket as I try to think of any boys in our school who has this kind of beautiful handwriting.I freeze when I hear a sniffle come from the last stall. I forcefully drag my feet to wear I heard the sniffle, wanting to comfort them, Larry says I'm too kind for my own good because of this.

I knock lightly on the stall door, "anyone in there"I ask, kindness and sympathy lacing my voice. "No duh fuckwad. Buzz off!"a voice snaps back at me, Travis. The one boy in this school who only knows one emotion, anger, I don't think I've ever seen him have any other emotion other than it. But here I am, witnessing the Travis phelps sniffle as if he's crying.

"Travis? Were you just- crying- a second ago?" I say these words hesitantly, expecting him to just slam open the stall door and punch me for even suggesting that he was crying, instead he replied with "sally face?"he seemed shocked it was me "I-No! What the hell? Can't a guy get some privacy" I paused before speaking "why do you hate me so much?"

"It's because you and your dumb friends are a bunch of Homos.!" He said the word homos in a different emotion then the rest of the words "it's sick! It's not right! God will never love you! why should I?" "you know we're not all actually gay right? I mean- besides from Todd- Todd is super gay-but that's apart of who he is and I think it's wonderful!he's one of the kindest people I know! How could anyone hate Todd?"he makes a groan noise, disgust?

"Is your father pushing these beliefs on you,"my voice gets quieter when I say this, honestly worried. "Just because my dad is a preacher doesn't mean he owns me! I'm my own person!!"he retorts back in defence, making me more worried than I already was. "Yeah but.."I pause for a second "well, you seem so unhappy man. are you sure your dad isn't putting too much pressure on you? I bet it's tough being the son of such an intense man."

"He have no idea what it's like." His tone softens. "I'm sorry man.."I apologise to him for no reason, just feeling pure sympathy for him. "Don't feel sorry for me, sally face! I don't need your- pity!!" "We don't- have to be enemies, you know that right?" I pause again. "I bet under all of that anger- there's a good dude who's afraid to be himself..if you need someone to talk to-or if you need to get away from your dad for a while- you can hang out with me!"

"Why-why are you being so nice to me?" He asks, confused. "I don't think you're a bad person Travis." "You know I don't really hate you or your friends.." "I didn't really think so." "I- I guess- Well, I'm sorry I've been such on asshole. You didn't deserve that." He said.. kindly.. "That means a lot to me.. it really does.. Thank you.. and what I said about being here for you if you ever decide you want a friend. I meant that."I remind him "don't push your luck sally face." He says in a teasing tone

"Oh, here. I was gonna flush this down the toilet but I guess you can have it. I found it on your desk." "It's an envelope with my name on it.. there's an old journal page inside.." i mumble under my breath so Travis doesn't hear "thanks.." "ok now scram so I can have my alone time! And uh-" "what?" "Don't tell anyone about this or you're dead!" "Er- I mean- just don't tell anyone about this-okay?" He fixes his tone. "I won't"I tell him with honesty. I smile as I've made Travis my friend and I walk away.

-present

I sigh as I think of the past. When I found Travis that day.. I wonder what happened to him.. I haven't seen him in years.. I even went to church once in hopes I'd see him- spoiler alert!! I didn't. Me and my friends were at a cheap restaurant. As nockfell doesn't have any fancy or big ones. I keep trying to think of something else but my mind wonders back to Travis.. what happened to him after high school..