40

"You know it's for your own good."

"Yes mother I know."

"It's better that you're out of that class anyways, now you can focus more on school rather than some unnecessary relationship."
She didn't look away from the already spotless counter that she continued to wipe clean over and over, Yeonjun was sure at this point she was making it dirtier rather than cleaner.

"Yes mother you're right. I wasn't in the right state of mind." He spoke emotionless, body hunched over, watching her wet rag leave spots against the dark colored marble.

There was no point in arguing with her, it would only end badly for not only himself but also Soobin, it was best to kept quiet about the whole thing and not inform her that he was still in fact taking classes from the man.

"It's not your fault hun." She finally looked up to him and Yeonjun was quick to catch the pain behind her forced smile. "I know losing dad was hard on you."

And that's enough!

He stood from the barstool and instantly began heading to his room. He didn't think, actually he knew, he couldn't handle the thought of his father. Did she know what kind of man he was all along? The un forgivable sins? Surely not, there's no way a woman like her would stay with a man like him. In fact, Yeonjun was starting to believe his death was for the greater good because no woman, no one, deserved to be drugged and handed of to offenders.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed early, there's been a whole lot of drama at school as of late."

He knew she was aware of what he was referring too. The girls death, Yunas death, has been all over every source of media. One thing was certain though, everyone believed she was a careless teenager having too much fun with her father's alcohol.

No one suspected him.
No one knew he was there that night other than Chaeryeong and that girl has been nowhere to be seen for the past several weeks.
No one knew what really happened that night and the fact he was the one to wrap his hands around her wrist, leaving a deep printed bruises that was sure to stay with her six feet under ground. No one knew that his hands trialed around her neck or how she begged him to stop before he-

Really he owed it to Soobin, if it weren't for him and the quickness on his feet, he'd be behind bars right now.

He now knew Soobin had lived a similar situation to his own. Not the exact same, but enough to teach him the ways of covering up a homicide.

Although Soobin was only a young child when his ordeal happened. A young boy who shouldn't have had to live the life he did. Being taken advantage of by a much older man, a man in power that was trusted with people's children,
his teacher.

Yeonjun knew by the direction of conversation that it was his mother and father to clean up the mess for him, after all how could he even know what to do? Yeonjun was surprised he even knew how to work a gun, and more so at the fact that man had one with in reach of a student!

Then again knowing the type of guy he was, it isn't all that surprising.

"Yeonjun."

He stopped midway up the step and turned back to his mother, a curious frown displayed across his face. "Hmm?"

"I love you."

His heart winced at that. He wished it wasn't so uncomfortable for him to say the same, why was it so uncomfortable actually? Because she banned him from his lover, because he drugged her nearly every night to see his banned lover, because she was her?

He smiled half heartedly, throat too hot and lips too dry to say it back. In the end he gave a slow nod then once again turned, pushing his thoughts to the side for now.